Trying to underst the complecation of my own chart (Jan 20, 2008)

About Me Forums Astrology Trying to underst the complecation of my own chart (Jan 20, 2008)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Michelle Young
    Keymaster

Sudeepa Sudeepa GhoshJan 20, 2008
    Trying to underst the complecation of my own chart
    Hi Michell,
    People say I have a very complecated chart. Astrologers say. Many of them. I have all my planets residing between the North Node and South Node which is concidered to be bad in Vedic Astrology. I also have 4 house empty. 4,5,6,7th house. Which astrologers say very bad. They tell me my chart is bad. But, they can’t explain clearly why? And they can’t tell me clearly how can I overcome the obstacles created by such situation. So I wish to learn my chart myself and know the mysteries. I have read quite a few books and articles on both Western and vedic astrology. I now know something about planets their positions and houses. But, still I m in the dark regarding the clear scenario of my personal chart. Can you help me to understand the mystery of my chart? I will be very greatful. I am asking your help as I found you more like a teacher than a professional Astrologer. I don’t want to bang my head again on the door of a regular astrologer who can only discourage but not enlighten you of your real problem. I thank you in advance.

Michelle Astrology dp Michelle YoungJan 20, 2008
    Sudeepa
    lol I am a teacher–at least I try to help others understand more about astrology. πŸ™‚ I’m also a professional astrologer. lol

I’m going to start to answer you with a little story that’s very true. How do I know that? Because it’s a story from my own introduction to astrology. πŸ™‚ When I was very early in my studies, I had an awesome teacher who was a friend, and I knew another astrologer who I later realized was more like an enemy. That hurt a lot for me to discover about her. Her Saturn squared my Mercury-Mars conjunction, and whenever she looked at my chart, her comments were curt, cold and abrasive. Every time I hear someone say that astrologers have told them they have a “very complicated chart,” that their chart is “very bad” or “difficult,” I’m reminded of this woman because she said these very things to me. I’ve come to realize that just because someone knows or claims to know astrology doesn’t mean they will be the right astrologer for you or that they will have your best interests at heart. I wish I could say that was not the case, but I think you have to consider that their charts interact with yours in ways that aren’t always going to feel good. I think you found that to be the case when you said, “I don’t want to bang my head again on the door of a regular astrologer who can only discourage but not enlighten you of your real problem.” Truer words were never spoken. πŸ™‚

Just because you have planets missing from any house or houses doesn’t mean your chart is bad. In fact, I don’t believe any chart is inherently bad. I said something in my other community that may be pertinent to this topic of charts being “bad” or “negative”:

“The very things you may think are negative about yourself may be what helps to propel you to your personal greatest achievements and successes. If you know how to handle these things in yourself, then you can use them to your advantage rather than thinking they’re hindrances.”

[more]

It’s impossible to have a planet in each and every house of any chart. At least according to the planets we currently use, there is no way. In Western astrology, we use the Sun and Moon (the luminaries), Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune and Pluto. We also use the planetoid known as Chiron, and some astrologers access the more than 16000 asteroids. I do not. But of the actual planets, it’s just not possible.

When there are no planets in a house, we still can learn much about that house and its activities by considering the ruler of that house from the natural chart and the ruler of the house cusp for that house as well as the aspects to the two rulers in the chart itself.

I also do not recommend that anyone studies both Western and Indian astrology simultaneously. It’s not because one is better than the other. That’s a personal preference. But Indian astrology works with the Sidereal zodiac, precession, the constellations in the signs, the lunar calendar, and the Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn–and Rahu and Ketu, which Western astrology knows as the nodes of the Moon. Western astrology works with the Tropical zodiac, the planets in the signs, the solar calendar, and the planets as I mentioned in the first paragraph of this frame. As a result, there is approximately a 23.4Β°calculation difference between the two, and that alone can confuse many people. If you have a means to save the articles and books from whichever school of thought you will study second, do so. You’ll save yourself a world of grief. πŸ™‚

[more]

When you’re trying to understand your chart, get these things out of the way first because it will lessen your confusion:

1) Look for the dominances in hemispheres–East versus West, above versus below the horizon.

2) Consider quadrant dominance. The quadrant that has the most planets will give you the focus of the individual.

3) Look at the heartbeat of the chart. (New term, I know. lol) You find the heartbeat by following each and every planet and luminary and the Ascendant to its ending rulership (for example, if Uranus is in Cancer, you next look to the Moon which might be in Virgo, and that means you need to look at Mercury…go alllllll the way to the end of that trail.). You may have a mutual reception heartbeat, a single or double or complex heartbeat, but your determination of that heartbeat will reveal your motivation, the way you think, act, react, and so on in every part of your life.

4) Do not attempt to understand your chart by looking at x planet in this house and y planet in that house and then reading “cookbooks” to figure it out. You’ll end up confused and robotic in your learning. If you learn the dynamics of each planet and sign and begin to develop a clear understanding by more than one-word or so descriptions, you’ll have a growing understanding of your chart and those of others in your life. πŸ™‚

Hope that helps a bit.

Michelle Young
    Keymaster

Sudeepa Sudeepa GhoshJan 21, 2008
    Thanks Michelle!
    Hi Michelle,

It’s a lot of valuable information. I don’t know how to thank you. The most hepful part is the “Heartbeat” of the chart. Now it will be helpfull for me to understand how the planets are working in a group for me or against me. I personaly prefer western astrology. But, sometime I do look at vedic too to get some added guidance. But, the astrologers who discouraged me were all of them Indian, follows vedic astrology. I still think it is helpful to know both. But, will give more time to study the Zodiac one. Once again I thank you for all the valuable info. I might knock your door soon again to know more :-).

With Regards,
    Sudeepa

Michelle Astrology dp Michelle YoungJan 22, 2008
    Sudeepa
    It’s a lot of valuable information. I don’t know how to thank you. The most hepful part is the “Heartbeat” of the chart. Now it will be helpfull for me to understand how the planets are working in a group for me or against me. I personaly prefer western astrology. But, sometime I do look at vedic too to get some added guidance. But, the astrologers who discouraged me were all of them Indian, follows vedic astrology. I still think it is helpful to know both. But, will give more time to study the Zodiac one. Once again I thank you for all the valuable info. I might knock your door soon again to know more :-).

Let’s get some clarifications for you, Sudeepa:

Both Indian and Western astrology use the zodiac. Indian astrology works with the Sidereal zodiac. Western astrology works with the Tropical zodiac. πŸ™‚

Secondly, while you found the discouragement from Indian astrologers who work with Vedic astrology, you’ll find there are also Western astrologers who can be discouraging. Don’t take it to heart.

Thirdly, the planets are never working for or against you. πŸ™‚ They are simply symbolisms of the energies inside you, so it’s a matter of understanding how you may be working against or for your best interests.

πŸ™‚ Hope that helps.

logix logix ……..Jan 24, 2008
    Hi Sudeepa,

This is one of the misconceptions that if you have all the planets b/w north node & south node(Rahu & ketu as in Indian astrology) that is a bad chart.

Actually this combination is called “Kalasarpa yoga” one of the Most powerful combinations. It is an indicator of which path you take towards life, to make it more meaningful. (Some may call it kaalasarpa dosha). So now you know therez nothing to worry.

Regards
    Yathi

Michelle Astrology dp Michelle YoungFeb 12, 2008
    Smitha
    Do me a favor, and give me the signs in which your Ascendant, Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune and Pluto are in. I’m confused with how you did it! List it down, like you did here, but just with Ascendant: (whatever sign) and then underneath that, Sun: Scorpio, and so on. Nothing more. πŸ™‚

Michelle Astrology dp Michelle YoungFeb 14, 2008
    Smitha
    Your Ascendant in Capricorn points to your Saturn in Sagittarius. Sagittarius is Jupiter’s sign, so I looked there and found out that Jupiter was in Pisces, which is ruled by Neptune, which is in Capricorn. You obviously can’t go further here. So this part of the heartbeat shows as Saturn-Jupiter-Neptune. It’s complex, and that’s fine. It’s simply showing you how you act and react, think, speak in any situation.

I’m going to keep going, however, because we’re still only on the Ascendant. Your Moon, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune are all tied to this part of the heartbeat, so you’re in the same circle again, which is what you were looking for. You always end up at this point with these planets.

In addition, you have the Sun, Mercury, and Venus in Scorpio. Your Pluto is also in Scorpio, so Pluto represents the other component of the heartbeat.

When you act, react, think, speak in whatever situation, you try to do so responsibly, using compassion and sensitivity, and then you complete the process by drawing on your inner strength through Pluto. I would imagine you’re an introspective person who likes to be private with her innermost thoughts, but your responses to life indicate that it’s not because you don’t care. I suspect it’s more about your wanting to be efficient and effective with what you do.

Does that help? πŸ™‚

Michelle Young
    Keymaster

Michelle Astrology dp Michelle YoungFeb 15, 2008
    friendsss
    After I post this, I’ll be deleting your post because our community introduction is very explicit about no free personal chart interpretation and that requests for same are deleted.

Please have a look at the following URLs in this community:

About asking for your chart to be read
    http://www.orkut.com/CommMsgs.aspx?cmm=6669&tid=2580655168798441235
    (Sep 3, 2015 – the link above is no longer valid since Orkut no longer exists. Files from the Astrology and Scorpio communities are here.)

Your Western Chart–& Interpretation and Forecast
    http://www.orkut.com/CommMsgs.aspx?cmm=6669&tid=2507682171200847635
    (Sep 3, 2015 – While the Orkut link you see is invalid, the Western Chart & Inerpretation and Forecast link is now valid. Click on it, and you will be taken to that thread in a new tab while still in this site. Thank you.)

Thank you.

Mukund Mukund – The JediMar 6, 2008
    Kala Sarpa Yoga
    It’s important to understand that Kala Sarpa Yoga need not be an undesirable configuration. In fact, some of the most prominent public figures have this configuration, which has obviously turned out to be favourable for them.

Nehru had Kala Sarpa Yoga in his chart, and he became prime minister of India exactly when his Sade Saathi was running. And he ruled unopposed for 17 years since then. There are many other examples of successful public figures that have/had this combination.

It’s very common to encounter many astrologers that have fixated notions about Kala Sarpa Yoga (or any other well-known combination such as Mangal Dosh). It’s advisable to take such things with a pinch of salt.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.