Got Pluto woes? (Oct 31, 2012)

About Me Forums Scorpio! Got Pluto woes? (Oct 31, 2012)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Michelle Young
    Keymaster

Michelle - Orkut shot Michelle YoungOct 31, 2012
    Got Pluto woes?
    Pluto transits can be extremely painful, especially when they’re going through the angular houses, 1, 4, 7 or 10. So I thought you might like to talk about this since it’s also the ruler of this community and the ruler of your Sun, Moon, Ascendant or perhaps another planet in your chart.

Key points to remember: 

In part 1 of the transit through the first, no, you can’t hold on to everything. Whatever Pluto takes away, don’t try to bring it back; you can’t control everything (and you will try, regardless of what you normally might do). Be careful not to be overbearing. It can happen, and you’ll think you’ve got it in hand till the other shoe drops.

Part 2 will come along and you’ll think you’re fine, but then you’ll be overlooking the best and easiest learning period. When things are calm, tap deeply inside and determine to do better, to grow from the learning because part 3 will give you another round of part 1. Definitely painful. But it’s actually a gift. You may not like it but you can’t avoid it, so you don’t. 😉

Use this period to save as much as you can from now through the end of the first house transit. When Pluto hits your second, whether or not you have resources will depend on whether you need it for your inner growth. 

I’ll start to cover Pluto’s transit of your angular houses before I go to the rest of them over the next several days. If you have questions, concerns or comments, feel free to share. 

Michelle - Orkut shot Michelle YoungNov 2, 2012
    The changes you go through with your 4th house when Pluto comes to visit there are so deep and profound. It takes time for you to realize what’s happening. It can be the need to restructure your home, a marriage, your family relationships, anything that is holding you back from recognizing and accepting that you are no longer a child (Yes, I know. This isn’t your Saturn return we’re talking about, but Saturn doesn’t do it all either.), and that you have some “attitude adjustment to make. 

Your family relationships can change through marriage, divorce, even death. Pluto, in the Tarot, for example, is often seen as the Death card. It’s not death necessarily in the physical sense but this energy we talk about with transformation. Pluto is the Great Transformer. Whether it’s affection the physical structure of your home or the psychological or some other component, wherever Pluto touches is not going to go away. The best thing you can do is relax and allow the change to happen. Then at least, you’ll have a fighting chance of its gentlest form of transformation. It’s not pleasant, but it’s worth it. 

Any angular house is going to have relationships as its primary concern in one way or another. First house would be your relationship with Self including body or the impressions you make or even your physical appearance. Fourth house can be your relationship with Family either through marriage or immediate relatives like your parents.  Seventh house will deal with anything from long-term, Long-Standing Relationships (to the good or bad), including your open enemies. And the tenth house will offer a glimpse at your Career Relationships and the transformation taking place at your job or business, among your co-workers or your boss or bosses. These things are pretty much inevitable. Am I calling it fate? lol You should know me better than that by now. 😉 It’s inevitable in the sense that nothing can remain static. Good relationships will survive the transformation. The bad ones won’t. How you deal with these changes, the transformations, and how those with whom you’re interacting will do, can indeed determine which relationships survive and which won’t.

Seems like a good place to put the following for you to consider. This is Pluto. And wherever Pluto touches, it’s Pluto’s domain, not yours. The best thing you can do is make friends with dear old Pluto. 😉

From Aleph, by Paulo Coelho

In the 7th house, you’ll deal with the transformation of relationship changes to the highest magnitude. if you’re seeking deep, deep experiences in this area, you’re sure to find them. But those deep, deep experiences can often become wars with your enemies or other long-term connections. Manipulation and power struggles, underhanded dealings of all kinds and warlike energy can often be felt in these relationships–unless you actually need the intensity that accompanies this kind of dynamic.

In reality, it’s not that others are doing to you, rather that you are creating the landscape of what comes next. For whatever reason, you seem to have this drive to unearth all you may think is wrong with those relationships or perhaps what you think is wrong with yourself.

Michelle - Orkut shot Michelle YoungNov 5, 2012
    The 10th house is where your career sector begins and where you strive to achieve all you can be. It’s best to avoid looking to dominate or play power games with anyone when Pluto is in your 10th house. If you can follow the simplest guidelines of “for the good of all,” rather than plunging in with all about the “me, me, me” side of you for selfish desires, you can make great progress.

There’s another side to this transit as well. You may find your entire direction and career goals have changed along the way. That’s okay. Pluto isn’t about power in the 10th house although it can seem like that when you’re first moving into this transit. In fact, if you are manipulative or power hungry at all, you’ll buy into the whole picture of that quest to rise to the top.

But Pluto is about stripping down the self-serving, even dictatorial effort to gain power, and what you’ve built will be completely destroyed till you realize it’s you who has to do the rebuilding without that need for a dictatorship or total control over others. This is where ego really has issues, and because the 10th house is also an angular house, it can leave an impact for years to come. 

Minor correction: I said in the first sentence, where you strive to achieve all you can be. It would have been better to have said, where you strive to achieve all you can do and be.

Expecto Patronum ! Expecto PatronumNov 6, 2012
    By hook-n-crook, I calculated where’s Pluto in my chart currently. In 12th? Was the effort worth it? 

Michelle - Orkut shot Michelle YoungNov 6, 2012
    No, it’s in your 6th. 😉

Irene - Orkut shot Irene D’SilvaNov 6, 2012
    How can I calculate where Pluto is in my chart, Michelle?

Michelle - Orkut shot Michelle YoungNov 8, 2012
    Irene, Pluto moves so slowly in the transits, you can look at the ephemeris–or go to Astrodienst and have a look at your chart. Pluto will be identified by a P that looks like it’s been merged with an L, or with a glyph that reminds me of a chandrabindu: a bowl with a circle in the center, and then the plus sign/cross below the bowl. Astrodienst goes according to your preference. Does that help?

Michelle - Orkut shot Michelle YoungNov 10, 2012
    I haven’t forgotten. I moved on Wednesday and am trying to get things organized here so I can concentrate on this thread. Sorry for the delay.

Irene - Orkut shot Irene D’SilvaNov 13, 2012
    Thank you, Michelle!

Michelle - Orkut shot Michelle YoungDec 3, 2012
    The first house isn’t the only one that feels the various stages of a Pluto transit. I’m not just talking about how Pluto will be recognizable when it touches one of your natal planets. I’m talking about the stages it will reveal as it goes through a house itself, just as it does with the first house transit. After all, it’s not easy to learn what Pluto “expects” of us even if we’ve taken time to read about the transit. 

From what I can tell, each house experiences three stages of Pluto transits. The first stage represents that initial period that can take about 5 years or more to adjust to the internal changes you may be experiencing through external events. The second stage feels as if you’ve grasped the idea well, but you won’t know until you reach the third stage, which will test every bit of learning you’ve had or think you’ve had. 

When Pluto moves into the second house, it’s not simply a matter of your material resources. It’s a matter of cleaning up your act and, if your material resources are holding you back from doing that, you’ll learn like you’ve never learned before.  Even if you’ve managed to stockpile some serious cash, it doesn’t mean you won’t lose what you have. It means that you’ll need to be on top of who you are on the inside, or you’ll still lose it if all that money is holding you back from that growth. Don’t think so? Consider the recent hurricane that went through New York City and how just a few hours separated people not just from loved ones, but also from their hard earned resources–homes, furniture, cars, antiques, paintings, jewelry, and the more precious stuff like family memories and keepsakes. You can stripped down from all that you thought you needed in a matter of hours.

If you feel victimized or somehow like “why me” feels appropriate at a time like this, it’s not really about the material things, and a lot of people don’t get that. If those things hold us in some kind of bondage to them, they will leave, and that’s the message you need to get deeply embedded in your mind. If you feel more secure because you have these material things, you can almost guarantee they’ll be leaving when Pluto comes around that second house.

Bil Tierney says of this transit, “Pluto will stimulate us to feel at odds with ourselves, in a state of inner turmoil, until we realize we must treasure our independence and value our ability to pay our own way in life. The First and Second Houses need us to operate autonomously, with as little interference from others as possible. Pluto transiting our Second has much to teach us regarding the forging of inner strength through the capitalization of our talents. We can’t afford to waste such assets as a result of neglect or indifference… Transiting Pluto doesn’t permit us to have a ‘loser’ mentality.”

Wherever Pluto is, the work isn’t easy for you. The transformation you’ll experience will be all-encompassing. For example, if Pluto is in the second house, which is what I’ve been talking about today, it won’t just be about your money. It will include how you consider yourself. If you’re having a rough time with your self-esteem or self-image, Pluto may have you focusing on your health, your physical appearance and so on as well as your material resources. Remember, Venus rules the natural second house, so even Venus plays a role in this one just as Mars will play a role with your 1st house, Neptune with your 12th and so on. 

Next house will be the third…

Michelle - Orkut shot Michelle YoungDec 10, 2012
    Pluto’s transit of the third house heightens our need to avoid superficiality in the ways we communicate and interact in our  most familiar surroundings. We can have intense experiences that reveal our emotions and feelings in ways that we previously had either not acknowledged or validated, or perhaps we rationalized away those feelings and emotions. Now, it’s not so much to talk out the problems and stresses of our lives, but to feel it deeply, to internalize what we’re feeling and emoting even if it’s painful and unsettling. 

It’s a time of re-educating ourselves about life and how it works for us. What we learn at this time may be completely foreign to everything we’ve been taught was real. It’s an entirely new level of understanding, the world of higher education perhaps about life itself. And what we learn can change the foundations on which we’ve built our intellectual understandings. 

At the very least, it’s a good time for research and growth through the process of dealing with complex data. However we may feel a lot of frustration and even anger as the answers that used to work for us no longer stand the test of life’s problems and time. 

One of the traits that can be noticeable here may be a tendency to begin to brood or become cynical or pessimistic when Pluto enters the third house. It’s not that we’ve changed in the sense of being hypercritical or depressed perhaps as much as it is that we experience a deeper sense of “reality” (however we define it) and can no longer tolerate interpretations of life that are too simple, too short-sighted or narrow-minded or shallow. Bil Tierney describes this transit as a “serious self-interrogation.” He suggests that avoiding distraction and being able to quiet the mind is perhaps best handled with natal Saturn in the third house, or Mercury in a fixed sign like Scorpio although Taurus can concentrate well in a transit like this too. 

Subject matter for Pluto’s transit of the third house seems to be related to psychology, physics, outer space, cosmology, metaphysics, and even soul, spirit, and the why of karma. 

I’ll be back soon with more. While I was expecting to do the 5th house next, as I think about it, I think it would be wise for me to do more on the 4th and the other angular houses as I do the full wheel now. So, plan on my covering the 4th a bit more now. 

Irene - Orkut shot Irene D’SilvaDec 10, 2012
    Waiting for more. Great info 🙂

Pluto in the fourth house, in my opinion, is one of the most challenging (I’m resisting the urge to say difficult, but………….it is difficult, to put it mildly. So for those of you who have Pluto in the fourth, forgive  me.) transits there can be. And woe be the child with Pluto in the fourth, especially if Pluto is conjunct the IC, the fourth house cusp, either from the third house or the fourth house side. Okay, so enough gloom and doom, let me explain…

People who were born with Pluto in the fourth have often born the brunt of domestic violence at the first-hand level as children. Whether or not these children will indeed live what they have learned, experienced, depends on the rest of their charts or on their determination to avoid taking the heartaches of the past and running with them into the future. Some do, some don’t. I’ve seen both. For an adult who has Pluto transiting the fourth, major transformations can be expected in their homes either through divorce–theirs or someone else in the home–or at least the potential. 

It’s important to note, however, that one cannot go through Pluto in this or any other house without a huge amount of transformation. It’s really inevitable. Yes, I am saying it’s something along the lines of fate; but how that fated transformation takes place remains in our hands in the sense of our own behaviors and whether we are the catalysts for negativity that may affect our lives and those of others or we are the recipients of such things. Regardless, that transformation will take place, and the stripping down of all that was wrong in our childhood that enabled us to bring that Pluto-type baggage into our adult world that will need–ultimately–to be taken to the curb, will happen.

We may need to rebuild, remodel, reconstruct, or tear down. We may need to move, or perhaps we’ll see the entire neighborhood transformed through a natural disaster such as recently took place in New York City and the state of New Jersey where countless people lost their homes to Hurricane Sandy and accompanying floods and fires.

The point of all this in this particular transit lies in our need to experience inner healing and to avoid power tripping. It won’t be easy, but it will be worth it. Stress will be there, traveling most of the way with this transit. The best thing you can do is to look deeply and honestly at yourself on the inside and be willing to do so without responding to the same old defense mechanisms you learned to trigger in the past. If you experienced a painful, oppressive past, confront it when Pluto is in this house, and concentrate on your determination to overcome that past by facing it head on. 

So why worry about the past if the past is really behind you? That’s easy to answer. The past is never behind if you haven’t dealt with it honestly, with the focus on personal healing. Otherwise, it will always rear its ugly head when you least expect it. If Pluto is currently transiting your fourth house or will soon, be strong. Most of us will have an angular Pluto transit. It’s not easy, but it will take you on a journey like no other can do. That journey should prove to be a life-changing experience for the better, but that’s ultimately up to you.

The fifth house transit is next.

Since I did the 4th house in more detail yesterday, I’ll appreciate your thoughts about whether you would like more on the 1st house transit of Pluto as well, or if you were fine with what I shared. Meanwhile, I’ll start work on the fifth house transit.

Michelle - Orkut shot Michelle YoungDec 12, 2012
    Well, I’m going on, but the offer remains the same: If you want to hear more on first house Pluto transits, please speak up and let me know.

I never considered before how much Pluto is similar to Uranus in the sense that Uranus loosens the earth for the transformation, and Pluto digs deeply for the transformation. Uranus is more unexpected than Pluto, and Pluto is much slower than Uranus’ unexpected actions often are (although Uranus has long-lasting effects just like Pluto does), the results are still change–whether or not we want it. If we adhere to rigid ideas of what we think things should be, we’re often going to experience a lot of potentially rude awakenings in one way or another. Pluto’s transit of the fifth house is no different.

The person who has been taught not to display too much pleasure in displaying one’s gifts may be accused to being too full of him/herself. Go beyond the visuals to performance here. This can be sports in relation to the fifth house since the general subject of sports falls in the category of performance and entertainment as compared to a personal achievement. But obviously this can also be an area related to any kind of performance and entertainment including theater, film, and any other area related to the release of energy others take pleasure in observing. This is also the natural house where Leo, ruled by the Sun, sits. I often explain that this is where Dad is when he teaches you in childhood how to throw a ball or to swim. It’s the playful side we all have.

Pluto in the fifth is about stepping out of the shell of the insecurities that hold us back from shining where people will appreciate what we might share with the world. That’s not to say that we’ve forgotten the message of Pluto’s power, rather than we’re simply awakening to the personal power everyone possesses. 

The fifth house is also about taking a chance. This is the house where we might gamble, invest, take chances, risks that we might otherwise be too limited, afraid in our thinking to do. That includes love. But it’s wise to watch your reactions to Pluto’s passions: remember, Pluto is also passionate about being controlling, and therein lies the danger. Whichever way you’re heading when you go into this house, the key will be whether you’re willing–or not. Take note of your passions. Are they speaking about your gifts and wish to shine, or about hiding from the notice because you were hurt before? At times, however, Pluto doesn’t always discriminate with love, and when it’s in the fifth house, the attractions we develop can be quite steamy and often even dangerous. But as Mickey Rourke says in 9 1/2 Weeks, “It can be whatever we want it to be.”

Pluto in your fifth? It can be whatever you want it to be. You just have to be willing.

Expecto Patronum ! Expecto Patronum – Dec 13, 2012
    Keep it coming, Michelle. Juicy reads!

Michelle - Orkut shot Michelle Young – Dec 17, 2012
    I guess many astrologers are likely to think of work or health issues when there’s a sixth house transit. But Bil Tierney urges us to consider Pluto’s transit of the sixth with an eye toward our slowly taking steps to adjust our attitudes in relation to using what skills and gifts we bring to the job, so we’re able to be more effective and efficient. That actually makes a lot of sense since the sixth house is quincunx (150°) to the first house where we usually think of attitudes and approaches to life. Pluto transits can be quite grueling, but that doesn’t mean there’s no passion in the effort. In fact, we can be just as likely to obsess about what we’re doing and how we’re doing it either in the immediate time frame of “now” or what we’ll be doing in the long term, for the rest of our lives.

Even in the sixth house, the job has a sequence of order. First, those parts of ourselves that have no relevance to who we will be are most likely to fall by the wayside. This is the primary objective of the first phase of this transit, in fact. Much of what we developed in the fifth house transit–all that creative energy–can be wisely incorporated into how and what we organize the various things we do as well as ourselves during the sixth house transit. But the earliest stages may make us feel ineffective, inefficient, and even incompetent. 

Keep moving forward, and don’t allow this kind of feeling to get you down. You may discover you’re so much more than that! But as you get through this entire period, you really can feel incapable of being able to do a thing because everything you touch seems to go wrong. This is the period where you may find the best thing you can do is to examine at the deepest levels just why you feel this way as well as what you may be doing wrong. The challenge lies in your having the determination to keep going even in this examination. It will make a difference. 

This period will be one in which you find it increasingly difficult to stay where you feel as if you’re being shortchanged in one way or another, either through the way you’re being treated on the job, or even in the way you’re treating yourself about the job you’re doing. Keep in mind that Pluto still represents power. While it isn’t likely to be power in the sense of a boss, power will most likely represent the message you’re constantly dealing with at this time, beginning with your own autonomy in the workplace. 

This isn’t a time when you should take chances as well with your health and welfare. Stay out of dangerous neighborhoods and situations, and yes, that includes dangerous jobs. One of the movies that might come to mind for me when dealing with the work side of the sixth house (There are certainly many we can all think of in re to sixth house affairs of health and welfare.) would be Tom Cruise in “The Firm“. If you’re being unduly pressured to accept corruption in the workplace, see what you can do to bypass the problem while remaining true to your ethics and values. If you can’t, it may be time to leave the job–but obviously, that depends on the economy not just in your own community, but in the world as a whole. Thinking of starting your own business? That would apply as well: keep in mind the economy.

Pluto in the sixth house will also be a time when you need to consider your health. Do you need to improve it? Do so before you get sick. If you get sick, you may be in it for the long haul, and you’ll need to be prepared to do everything it takes to get back on track. Holistic medicine may not be enough to heal you. Take the meds your doctors tell you to, and get back to good health before messing around with it more. On the other hand, plan to add more yoga, more veggies, more fruits, and whatever else you need to do to rebuild your body and energy. You will be part of the medical team if you need to now.

The sixth house, of course, is one of Mercury’s natural houses, and Bil Tierney wisely calls it “harnessed mental power.” It’s not enough to communicate, rather to disseminate well-supported information that can be put to the test after separating the wheat from the chaff. Silence tends to appeal more to us at this time since Pluto focuses on the drive to get the job done in a different way than Saturn does. This is about intense research, It’s also about tending to be a loner, focused on privacy, intense research (yes, that again too, emphasized at that), serious, driven to deep uninterrupted mental pursuits; it becomes something along the lines of the man and the machine with “the machine” being the man’s mental acuity turning into that tool with which he will unearth every nook and cranny of knowledge that will open the doors to the knowledge of earth, cosmos and beyond. Does it sound like I’m exaggerating? Not really. It’s as if the mental pursuit becomes the avenue through which the personal PhD, that fount of knowledge bestowing such a degree, that is, will be achieved.

Clear, accurate analysis is a must. Doing the work to less than complete is simply not an area the native will want to consider. It must be complete and thorough and cover every single imaginable angle possible. Dead subject matter will have no relevance. Only material that will continue to pique your interest will be something that compels you to explore as thoroughly as possible. The focus will be on control, thorough concentration, and transformation in this house. Nothing less will do. 

Michelle - Orkut shot Michelle Young – Feb 20, 2013
    Pluto in the Seventh House

So many people tend to be afraid of Pluto and what it means in their charts as it’s traveling through. It doesn’t exactly barrel through. It goes really at a snail’s pace (no reference to my work with the book, yes, I’m still trying to get back to it especially since I’ve found my Adobe Pro again and just have to ask the person who sent it to me for my birthday a few years back), but it does carry a hard wallop when you feel it at last. It kind of sneaks up on you. I mean, you know it’s there, you can feel it. But it hits hard. Very hard. Yet it’s not always a bad thing. The challenge lies in whether you’re willing to do the garbage in, garbage out process. 

If you’re anything like me, you’re probably even ambivalent about Pluto. The intensity alone is so great, it makes you wonder what’s going on. I don’t mind the intensity. For some things, in fact, it’s incredibly captivating in ways that make you feel more alive than you ever knew possible. But when it hits to the downside, you can wish you were dead.

I’m a great one for talking about me and saying nothing. I’m sure that drives many who want to know me better downright crazy. Few know me to that depth, however, but one does. But this isn’t about me, or is it? It’s about you–each of you–not just about me. 

Have you ever felt so intimately connected to someone that despite your efforts to maintain your secrecy, your deepest darkest secrets, fears, everything that bares you to the bone, you could tell that person so much because you know–or sense– that person already knows? You may have even been down that road before with that person in another lifetime. That’s true for me in the case I just mentioned, but it’s true for everyone when that happens. That’s Pluto somehow connected to the other person’s 7th house (synastry), that’s Pluto transiting your 7th, that’s Pluto making a huge impact in your chart, or in the synastry. Pluto transforms you in countless ways. I have been. It’s obvious to those of you who have watched the changes in me over the last almost year now. 

Such relationships are compelling. They’re long term, They’re powerful unlike any other power we may have ever known before. But make no mistake, the synastry and even the composite charts for such relationships are not all that common. I’m reminded of Gibran’s chapter “On Love” in The Prophet

Then said Almitra, “Speak to us of Love.”

And he raised his head and looked upon the people, and there fell a stillness upon them.

And with a great voice he said:

When love beckons to you follow him,

Though his ways are hard and steep.

And when his wings enfold you yield to him,

Though the sword hidden among his pinions may wound you.

And when he speaks to you believe in him,

Though his voice may shatter your dreams as the north wind lays waste the garden.

For even as love crowns you so shall he crucify you. Even as he is for your growth so is he for your pruning.

Even as he ascends to your height and caresses your tenderest branches that quiver in the sun,

So shall he descend to your roots and shake them in their clinging to the earth.

Like sheaves of corn he gathers you unto himself.

He threshes you to make you naked.

He sifts you to free you from your husks.

He grinds you to whiteness.

He kneads you until you are pliant;

And then he assigns you to his sacred fire, that you may become sacred bread for God’s sacred feast.

All these things shall love do unto you that you may know the secrets of your heart, and in that knowledge become a fragment of Life’s heart.

But if in your fear you would seek only love’s peace and love’s pleasure,

Then it is better for you that you cover your nakedness and pass out of love’s threshing-floor,

Into the seasonless world where you shall laugh, but not all of your laughter, and weep, but not all of your tears.

Love gives naught but itself and takes naught but from itself.

Love possesses not nor would it be possessed;

For love is sufficient unto love.

When you love you should not say, “God is in my heart,” but rather, I am in the heart of God.”

And think not you can direct the course of love, if it finds you worthy, directs your course.

Love has no other desire but to fulfil itself.

But if you love and must needs have desires, let these be your desires:

To melt and be like a running brook that sings its melody to the night.

To know the pain of too much tenderness.

To be wounded by your own understanding of love;

And to bleed willingly and joyfully.

To wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving;

To rest at the noon hour and meditate love’s ecstasy;

To return home at eventide with gratitude;

And then to sleep with a prayer for the beloved in your heart and a song of praise upon your lips.

Michelle - Orkut shot Michelle Young – Feb 20, 2013
    See the intensity here? The power? The passion? That’s Pluto. 

But again, it’s not always good. Sometimes, it can be about domestic violence, something I have to bring up when we’re talking about long-term relationships. It happens, not just in the United States of America or in India, but in every nation in the world.

One of the keynotes of Pluto in the 7th house is…your need to confront your inner self and bare your soul in ways you never expected (This time, I’m not talking about Uranus, but yes, Pluto.). Bil Tierney describes it as marriage, but not all 7th house relationships are about marriage. The key component here is about long-term relationships, so allow me to take liberties with a quote by Tierney and replace “marriage” with “long-term relationship.” This has nothing to do with time, space, or distance. It has to do with you and the other person, the synastry. If Pluto is transiting your 7th house, you’re going to be aware of this in some way just as you would if that synastry was in place although maybe less intensely. I’ll never have the transit through my 7th, so I can’t address it from that perspective. The synastry is always there. The transit is temporary.

“This transit [or synastry] is a matter of facing up to what’s going on ‘down below’ inside us when it comes to our [long-term] partner and even to the concept of [the long-term relationship] itself. We may be forced to confront ourselves in ways that make us squirm. We may also make our partner writhe as we strip our [long-term relationship] of its major illusions. Pluto compels us to drink truth serum and, after a few sips, we find we can no longer tolerate keeping in feelings that continue to corrode our identity. If it’s false, it must be wiped out–that’s Pluto’s way.” I disagree with Tierney’s comment that it depends on “how awful” [the long-term relationship] has become. It’s a long process. Maybe the transit is depending on how awful, but the synastry seems to depend on what else is going on. I should think the same would be true with the transit.

Think of Pluto here, and you can think of words like “soul-searching” and “transformation.”  Tierney writes, “We’ll need to go through an alchemical phase, during which the energy that we’ve been feeding to our hang-ups is transmuted into a surplus of irresistible magnetism, probably after we undergo an emotional period of pursing and cleansing. This all sounds good, but it’s often difficult to see the naked and sometimes unflattering truth about ourselves. Years of this transit may pass before we enjoy the pay-off that comes when our rigorous inner work is done.”

The full transits, not just Pluto, or the synastry (Is Venus involved, for example?) will always play a role in how you experience Pluto in the 7th. It doesn’t always start out well if you’re just getting started with the transit. But transit or synastry, there’s no mistaking the intense bonds that can be present. How you handle it is going to be the question. The transit and synastry are both sizzling. No way around that. But it can be so much more than that if you’re ready for the challenge. Rest assured, if you’re not, you will be by the time you’re involved in the transit for a while. 

I know this was longer than usual. That might be because of my own experience with this by synastry. Nevertheless, I hope it helped some of you too.

Michelle - Orkut shot Michelle Young – Feb 21, 2013
    A correction (note the italics):

Think of Pluto here, and you can think of words like “soul-searching” and “transformation.”  Tierney writes, “We’ll need to go through an alchemical phase, during which the energy that we’ve been feeding to our hang-ups is transmuted into a surplus of irresistible magnetism, probably after we undergo an emotional period of pursing and cleansing. This all sounds good, but it’s often difficult to see the naked and sometimes unflattering truth about ourselves. Years of this transit may pass before we enjoy the pay-off that comes when our rigorous inner work is done.”

Think of Pluto here, and you can think of words like “soul-searching” and “transformation.”  Tierney writes, “We’ll need to go through an alchemical phase, during which the energy that we’ve been feeding to our hang-ups is transmuted into a surplus of irresistible magnetism, probably after we undergo an emotional period of purging and cleansing. This all sounds good, but it’s often difficult to see the naked and sometimes unflattering truth about ourselves. Years of this transit may pass before we enjoy the pay-off that comes when our rigorous inner work is done.”

Sorry for the error. I hope this makes better sense now. 🙂

Expecto Patronum ! Expecto Patronum – Feb 22, 2013
    Michelle, should I read sixth house or seventh? 🙂

Michelle - Orkut shot Michelle Young – Feb 22, 2013
    Read both, Expecto. You’re within orb of the 7th house now too, but you’re still in the 6th. Both are therefore important to you still. You should see the 6th clearly as what you’ve been going through, but I suspect you’re beginning to notice the 7th too. It actually goes into your 7th house in 2015 with almost touching in 2013 and 2014.Within minutes in fact, so it’s touching but doesn’t quite get there.till a year later. But don’t think that year won’t be felt. Trust me, it will. But it’s just that it will take its sweet old time in slipping into the 7th. 

Expecto Patronum ! Expecto Patronum – Feb 23, 2013
    I so like Pluto and Saturn!  [thinks kaboom]

Michelle - Orkut shot Michelle Young – Feb 23, 2013
    Having fun, are you, Expecto? 😉

Expecto Patronum ! Expecto Patronum – Feb 23, 2013
    Today is a high, so sure!

Michelle - Orkut shot Michelle Young – Feb 23, 2013
    lol!! Now that gave me a laugh, how you said it, Expecto. 😀

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.