Reply To: Uranus-Pluto square: Technology takes on suicide – 43 replies

About Me Forums Scorpio! Uranus-Pluto square: Technology takes on suicide – 43 replies Reply To: Uranus-Pluto square: Technology takes on suicide – 43 replies

Michelle Young
Keymaster

Irene - Orkut shot Irene D’SilvaJan 14, 2013
The following headline from CNN today came to my mind when I saw this thread:
Internet prodigy, activist Aaron Swartz commits suicide

Michelle - Orkut shot Michelle YoungJan 14, 2013
I hadn’t seen that, Irene. Thank you!

Michelle - Orkut shot Michelle YoungMar 20, 2013
I don’t call this minor news, but I’m not really sure where to put it either. It’s epidemic, just not the way in which it happened… I almost put it in Incoming: Astrology Domine! because it is so unusual. But isn’t every suicide unique in some way?

And this thread is related to the Uranus-Pluto square and the battle of technology and suicide. A 13-page note? Surely that was done on a computer… While there was a time I could imagine writing a 13-page letter by hand, my jaw drops at such a thought today. Maybe I’d feel differently if I had a table where I could write. Right now, that’s a luxury. At any rate…here’s the story…

It’s from Fox News in Cleveland. I usually don’t even acknowledge the existence of Fox, but this should have had more coverage than it received…and all of Fox in one city isn’t the same as Fox anywhere else, so I’ll give it a try.

13-Page Suicide Note

Posted on: 3:28 pm, March 15, 2013, by Kara Sutyak, updated on: 05:51pm, March 15, 2013

A 13-page suicide note is left behind after a woman plunged to her death from the eighth floor of an apartment building in New York, with her baby clutched in her arms.

The 10-month-old boy miraculously survived and was in critical but stable condition at a Harlem hospital Thursday, police said.

A New York police spokesman confirmed that the woman left behind a suicide note.

Bystanders were shocked when they saw the 45-year-old mother fall Wednesday afternoon.

“I wish I never witnessed that,” Steven Dominguez told CNN affiliate WPIX. “It’s disturbing, and horrible. The baby bounced off her chest onto the floor, face down and was crying. My mother tried to pick up the baby, but there was already a detective there.”

Earlier, neighbor said he heard yelling coming from the woman’s apartment before she fell.

The woman was arguing with a man, said Christian Johnson, a neighbor.

“I came home, they were arguing,” Johnson told WPIX. “I actually stopped to listen, and I heard screaming and the baby was crying. He just kept saying why wouldn’t you pick up the phone, why would you put that stress on me? Why wouldn’t you pick up the phone, why, why? He was screaming, ‘why, why’?”

Police did not release the name of the victim, but neighbors said she was a lawyer and was married.
By CNN’s Julie Cannold and Lateef Mungin
FOX 8 contributed to this report

http://fox8.com/2013/03/15/13-page-suicide-note/
© 2013, WJW