Reply To: Uranus-Pluto square: Technology takes on suicide – 43 replies

About Me Forums Scorpio! Uranus-Pluto square: Technology takes on suicide – 43 replies Reply To: Uranus-Pluto square: Technology takes on suicide – 43 replies

Michelle Young
Keymaster

Michelle - Orkut shot Michelle YoungOct 10, 2012
Just out of curiosity tonight, I decided to see what March and McEvers had to say about the Uranus-Pluto square. I should have looked before this. Although the following is related to the natal chart, there are obvious connections to the things we can see taking place in the mundane perspective as well. I think this particular aspect represents a great example of courageous effort even when the challenges appear overwhelming. We’ve seen in now-14-yo Malala Yousafzai who took on the Taliban for the last three years in the Swat Valley in Pakistan. Today, she’s fighting for her life because she stood up and had the courage to protest the effort to stop education of girls there. This too is the Uranus-Pluto square (I’ll post an editorial related to this story in Incoming: Astrology Domine! because it offers more on the subject that should be brought out without detracting from the message of this thread):

“You can be a political idealist, fighting injustice, or you can be the procrastinator who lets Johnny do it. Your nature is rather thoughtless, impatient and combative. You have an intense sense of self-preservation and an inability to compromise. Women with this position tend to resent the inferior role they feel is allotted to them.”

Coincidentally, the late Teddy (Edward M.) Kennedy had this square in his natal chart, and he built his career on creating solid change that actually accomplished something in the government rather than making people feel he was just another politician.