Reply To: How you decide oneโ€™s zodiac sign ? (May 26, 2009)

About Me Forums Astrology How you decide one’s zodiac sign ? (May 26, 2009) Reply To: How you decide one’s zodiac sign ? (May 26, 2009)

Michelle Young
Keymaster

Michelle Astrology dp Michelle YoungJun 10, 2009
One more thought:

Or did you omit Pluto because the IAU declared Pluto was no longer a planet? ๐Ÿ˜‰ Where I’m sitting, Pluto has always done just fine for me, whether you want to call it a planet or a tennis ball. ๐Ÿ˜€ Or as dear old Mr. Shakespeare said, “A rose by any other name is still a rose” (or something along those lines). My point is that Pluto still works in the analysis and interpretation regardless of what the IAU thinks about this celestial body. It’s fine that they have, after its recognition as a planet for the last 79 years, now declared it isn’t a planet, but interpretation and analysis are still intact. The word “planet” is somewhat of a moot point in that case. ๐Ÿ™‚

Saswat Saswat SwainJun 10, 2009
You got me… I missed Pluto. Here is the 9 planets I was referring to
1) Sun
2) Moon
3) Mercury
4) Venus
5) Mars
6) Jupiter
7) Saturn
8) Uranus
9) Neptune
You are right about Indian Astrology 7 planets and Rahu and Ketu i.e. nodes of the moon. Some astrologer do count Uranus, Neptune and Pluto also with the 7 elements.
Here is my view. All the celestial bodies in universe do play a role in astrology. Itโ€™s our understanding of them limits the scope of astrology. In comets generally have effect on astrology and some of us neglect that also as they donโ€™t come the number of planets. I am pretty sure the moons of other planets also will have some effect just that Its implication/or our knowledge might be less so we tend to ignore that.
We are more unique now than the last post ๐Ÿ˜‰ with Pluto