Reply To: Two Questions (Oct 18, 2008)

About Me Forums Astrology Two Questions (Oct 18, 2008) Reply To: Two Questions (Oct 18, 2008)

Michelle Young
Keymaster

Abhishek Abhishek* DwivediOct 20, 2008
Thanks for your detailed explanation Michelle.

1. On Pan Horus and Vulcan – Let’s approach my question differently. Was Pisces ruled by Jupiter till Neptune was discovered? Or was Pisces never really ruled by Jupiter? Was power transfer really happen? If it did, why can’t it happen again? If it did not, astrologers were wrong at a point of time. And they can be wrong again. 🙂

They (Pan Horus and Vulcan) might not be planets. Even Moon is not a planet but a luminary. Being planet is not a necessary condition to influence the events. The powerhouse itself – Sun – is a luminary. Linda Goodman must have her reasons to believe what she did. I am curious to know what were they?

Please don’t think that I am contradicting you. My knowledge about the subject is next to nothing. I am just curious; and since I am ignorant, I have nothing else to hold but logic. 🙂

2. On afflicted planets – Don’t you think that there are some permutations of planets that tend to cancel one another’s effect, thereby making a person confused, and sometimes frustrated and guilty? I am not doubting Man’s (and Woman’s) will power. I am only talking about planetary influence here. The difficulty they create can certainly be overcome – I admit that. I am talking only about difficulty per se.

Michelle Astrology dp Michelle YoungOct 20, 2008
1. On Pan Horus and Vulcan – Let’s approach my question differently. Was Pisces ruled by Jupiter till Neptune was discovered? Or was Pisces never really ruled by Jupiter? Was power transfer really happen? If it did, why can’t it happen again? If it did not, astrologers were wrong at a point of time. And they can be wrong again. 🙂

Jupiter is, even today, considered a ruler of Pisces, but it’s a secondary ruler rather than the primary one. Those who don’t work with the extraterrestrial planets will look at Jupiter as the ruler, and that’s fine as long as they are consistent in that reference then. They may see things based on Jupiter that will be significant–and enough–for them. Astrology is not simply broken down into Western and Indian. For example, in Western astrology, there are the modern astrologers and the ancient astrologers. Uranian astrology is yet another school of study in the West. Indian astrology, similarly, isn’t just Vedic. There’s also Nadi, and from what I understand of that field of study, there are two within Nadi alone.

I don’t call that a “power transfer” at all. Nor do I think astrologers were wrong at that time. You need to consider each school of astrology and the one(s) to which they ascribed. I hope that explains it more clearly. 🙂 They (Pan Horus and Vulcan) might not be planets. Even Moon is not a planet but a luminary. Being planet is not a necessary condition to influence the events.

Well, you and I disagree here with your statement, “Being [a] planet is not a necessary condition to influence the events.” I don’t believe planets or luminaries influence events at all. The energies that come into play are inside each of us–individually, as groups, and as a whole body we know as humanity. We have free will to create the events. This isn’t about fate. You might want to read the thread “Astrology – Myth or Reality” in the archives.