Reply To: Scorpio loves Scorpio (3/10/2004)

About Me Forums Scorpio! Scorpio loves Scorpio (3/10/2004) Reply To: Scorpio loves Scorpio (3/10/2004)

Michelle Young
Keymaster

Vinay RajNov 18, 2007
I don’t know to what extent, the concept of ascendants holds true…according to my horoscope, I’m a Scorpio with a Virgo ascendant…so anybody who tries to recognise my sign will call me a Virgo first, yeah?
Could someone please guide me to the thread (if in existence) that discusses the key characteristics of a Scorpio?
Or should I just read Linda (I’m not a fan) Goodman?

Michelle - Orkut shot Michelle YoungNov 18, 2007
Vinay
I don’t know to what extent, the concept of ascendants holds true…according to my horoscope, I’m a Scorpio with a Virgo ascendant…so anybody who tries to recognise my sign will call me a Virgo first, yeah?
Could someone please guide me to the thread (if in existence) that discusses the key characteristics of a Scorpio?
Or should I just read Linda (I’m not a fan) Goodman?

It’s not about what someone would call you first, Vinay. And you won’t really find “key characteristics of a Scorpio.” I think you need to look more deeply at some of the threads and pay attention to what I’ve said here about every individual being unique. You and I share the status of “non-fanhood” in re to Linda Goodman, btw. lol

I don’t discuss “typical characteristics,” Vinay, for a very good reason: It’s too easy for people to misunderstand and start to stereotype themselves, as you’ve seen many times in these threads already. No sign is “typical.” That’s a fallacy. You’re looking for stereotypes even though you have 8 planets, 2 luminaries and 12 houses that make up the 360° wheel we call the chart, and that’s not including Chiron, the centaurs, the more than 16000 asteroids and so on that some astrologers (some, not I) use. Why box yourself in?

AVIROOP,the crownless again shall b kingNov 18, 2007
Thank you michelle,you are a great help,however i didnt get the meaning of aquarius rising,according to my birth chart,the moon is in pisces,and there is something called LAGNA which is aquarius,so the lagna is same as rising???and you have said to nadia that you have stated in another thread about the charecteristics of various people,will you please name the thread i am curious to know what you think about me.if the thread is deleted then please dnt bother because i know you are a very very busy woman.

Michelle - Orkut shot Michelle YoungNov 19, 2007
Aviroop
Thank you michelle,you are a great help,however i didnt get the meaning of aquarius rising,according to my birth chart,the moon is in pisces,and there is something called LAGNA which is aquarius,so the lagna is same as rising???and you have said to nadia that you have stated in another thread about the charecteristics of various people,will you please name the thread i am curious to know what you think about me.if the thread is deleted then please dnt bother because i know you are a very very busy woman.

I don’t profess to know Indian astrology, Aviroop, but if you have your lagna in Aquarius, it’s likely that lagna means rising/Ascendant. But there is a 23.4° difference in the calculations, and the calculation for your Western astrological Ascendant (rising) is in the last degree of Aquarius–or in Pisces, depending on your exact time of birth. As I explained earlier, if you were born only 1 minute and some seconds (I think it was 25) after 1, the rising sign would have changed to Pisces in Western astrological calculation, but it would have been around 7° of Aquarius by Indian calculation.

I did not speak about the characteristics of various people to Nadia. I mentioned the Help, please thread where I have done brief analyses of people’s charts. Unfortunately, the person who deleted all the archives that had been here wiped out all 6 or 7 of the Help, please threads, and I had only saved the first one. I’ve been in the midst of reposting that, but the Help, please thread is still closed until I whittle down the number of people still waiting (nearly 200 people on that list still).

I’m not going to try to define the rising based on an iffy time of birth, I’m sorry. I don’t even break down the chart when I read it. Everything works together to give me the whole picture.

Hope that helps.