Reply To: Scorpio gets the master teacher, Saturn! (Oct 1, 2012)

About Me Forums Scorpio! Scorpio gets the master teacher, Saturn! (Oct 1, 2012) Reply To: Scorpio gets the master teacher, Saturn! (Oct 1, 2012)

Michelle Young
Keymaster

I thought I was done with this thread for now–until the discussions start again, but Saturn said there was more. When I saw the headline, I knew I had to run with this one:

We speak about Saturn in its 27 to 32-year cycle. Most people tend to see this as 28-30; but the feelings accompanying the Saturn Return are often significantly longer, so we’re experiencing the rise and fall as this particular transit hits us in the late 20s. But we endure various tests of our goals, our maturity, even of our emotions roughly every 7.5 years. Sometimes it might be 7; other times it can be as long as 8. So when the Times of India (TOI) published the story of Karthika, a 14-year-old girl who committed suicide on Monday–the result of bullying–I got curious to see whether my suspicions were accurate that she might have been going on 15.

Girl commits suicide over teasing, kin besiege school

I looked in the ephemeris since her date of birth, obviously, wasn’t going to be in the newspapers. In 2000, Saturn was in Taurus, and the last three months of the year, it was back in direct motion–in opposition to where is now.

The correlation brings to mind a quote by Carlos Castaneda on a graphic I posted in Facebook today:

Saturn's Lessons

We see a similar testing period around the ages of 7.5, 22.5, 35-38 (depending on the speed Saturn is traveling at that time) and around 42-44–about the same time that Uranus is opposed to its natal position. And the squares, of course, continue at that pattern for the rest of our lives.

I remember losing a friend to leukemia when we were about 7. I lost other friends to tragedies when I was 15, the same year I was hit by two cars and had to learn to walk again. In fact, 4 of those friends died in one car accident on a stormy night. 15 was also a rough year for me because I was taking geometry with a teacher who couldn’t teach–and to think I ended up in a field where geometric angles would speak so loudly to me!

India - 14-yo female suicide

Back to this article and the tragedy surrounding the death of this young girl: According to the TOI, she died about 6 pm on Monday, the 31st of August 2015. I cast the chart for Chennai (Madras) and immediately spotted the Sun-Jupiter conjunction in opposition to Neptune with the closest point at a 38-minute partile between the Sun-Neptune opposing points. Jupiter sat on the 7th house cusp.

There is no dominance between the Northern and Southern hemispheres of the chart, but it has a distinctly Western 3rd quadrant emphasis pointing to her being deeply affected by others’ reactions to her–even if she “only” imagined it. Making matters worse, take note that Saturn was at the peak of the chart with Neptune in a 26-minute partile square to the Midheaven (MC) if this actually happened exactly at 6 pm. While I highly doubt that to have been the case since the Ascendant (ASC) is just as likely to have been in late degrees of Aquarius in square to Saturn, and the same tragedy could have occurred.

It also bears noting that the Moon-Mercury opposition conjuncted the Moon’s Nodes with Mercury and the North Node in Venus-ruled Libra while the Moon and the South Node were in Mars-ruled Aries. This is significant since there was a 5-minute partile conjunction of Mars and Venus Retrograde (Rx) on Monday at about 6 pm.

But keep in mind as well how Neptune can confuse us. Neptune was already opposing the Sun and Jupiter in an out-of-sign square to Saturn at the MC with Saturn serving as the arm of a mutable T-square. Yet regardless of whether the angles were mutable or fixed in this case, that T-square would have been close enough to create the type of energy taking place.

Whether or not you’ve noted my saying this before, Saturn in square to Neptune is what I call “the peeling of Life’s onion.” Whether by conjunction or square or opposition. it’s painful at best. You feel like you don’t know up from down, and the earth on which you are standing often feels like it’s crumbling beneath your feet. It’s hard to maintain focus, and decision making can even be a huge, potentially insurmountable challenge. Imagine what this might have felt like to a 14-year-old girl who took her life on Monday.

As if all of this wasn’t enough, there were four quindeciles (165°) in action between the Sun and Chiron, Mercury and Uranus, Mercury and Chiron, and Jupiter and Chiron–not including the Venus-Mars conjunction in quindecile to the Ascendant for all the reasons I mentioned above. The Mercury-Uranus quindecile pointed to her longing for acceptance, just as Mercury’s quindecile to Chiron did. But failing that, the Sun and Jupiter in quindecile to Chiron moved her to act based on her feelings at that moment.

While the other students at the school may not have understood the combined role they each played in her death, her teacher said she didn’t talk much and “hardly mingled with her classmates.” If this is the case, it would seem to indicate that Neptune was indeed on the Ascendant. A minor point to be sure. A tragedy remains in 14-year-old Karthika being gone–way too young…

A Ballade Of Suicide
Gilbert Keith Chesterton

The gallows in my garden, people say,
Is new and neat and adequately tall;
I tie the noose on in a knowing way
As one that knots his necktie for a ball;
But just as all the neighbours–on the wall–
Are drawing a long breath to shout “Hurray!”
The strangest whim has seized me. . . . After all
I think I will not hang myself to-day.

To-morrow is the time I get my pay–
My uncle’s sword is hanging in the hall–