Reply To: Uranus moves to Aries! (Apr 30, 2011)

About Me Forums Scorpio! Uranus moves to Aries! (Apr 30, 2011) Reply To: Uranus moves to Aries! (Apr 30, 2011)

Michelle Young
Keymaster

Michelle - Orkut shot Michelle YoungJul 28, 2012
Well, I’ll tell you, that Uranus-Pluto square is some way to introduce me to my first IMAX movie. Whewwww! That was amazing! People told me I should have seen the first two in the trilogy. Well, I didn’t, and telling me 20 minutes before the movie starts is not the best timing for me to do that. How quickly can one catch up with no time to spare, especially when you’re standing in the line for the first viewing of The Dark Knight Rises a 70-minute drive on the highway from where you live? Nevertheless, it doesn’t seem like I missed a beat. My eyes were still wide open, my jaw figuratively on the floor, and I was suspended in time, caught up in the drama unfolding before me on that gigantic screen. 

And the most amazing thing I’d never witnessed before either: The audience at the end of the movie stood up and clapped!

If this is what Christopher Nolan was attempting to achieve, it would seem he succeeded at least at the Great Escape IMAX in Pennsylvania. The event was certainly memorable, and thankfully not quite as memorable as the one in Aurora, Colorado. I don’t know whether we could call Batman a superhero as much as we can a human hero for his surprising getaways. Does that make him a legend? Perhaps. After all, he left afterthoughts of one’s never knowing if he’d be back again someday off in the distant future…

On the other hand, as I “listen in” on the words of those more familiar with Christopher Nolan’s work, it would seem he has made himself a legend of a different kind. What will he do next? I look forward to seeing more. He himself is a surprise.

Michelle - Orkut shot Michelle YoungJul 28, 2012
I just read the vulture.com review and can’t really give input since I didn’t see the other two. Imo, the Batman one and the Dark Knight Rises seemed to be parallel although one was 3D and one wasn’t. I wouldn’t be inclined to see the same flick with a different title, you know, something along the lines of Shakespeare’s Juliet when she says, 

” ‘Tis but thy name that is my enemy;

Thou art thyself, though not a Montague.

What’s Montague? it is nor hand, nor foot,

Nor arm, nor face, nor any other part

Belonging to a man. O, be some other name!

What’s in a name? that which we call a rose

By any other name would smell as sweet;

So Romeo would, were he not Romeo call’d,

Retain that dear perfection which he owes

Without that title. Romeo, doff thy name,

And for that name which is no part of thee

Take all myself.”

I suppose someone would need to be obsessed (Pluto) with seeing both DKR and Batman even relatively close together. If you know you’re going to be seeing flicks that are even parallel in their story lines, why do it? That doesn’t make sense to me. Comparison? Fine, if you are aware up front. 

Or if, as you, Sagar, and I have done when we’ve discussed the Leonardo DiCaprio movies for their astrological themes based on one aspect versus another, wouldn’t we enter that same realm? (Asking, not supposing here…) I very much enjoyed the Hindu review, btw. I was less impressed with the vulture.com one. 

Uranus-Pluto square with this review felt downright abrasive for me. I failed to see that he really made much of a point–except that UR-PL square. 😉