Reply To: A strange request for discussion, but…. (Nov 19, 2008)

About Me Forums Scorpio! A strange request for discussion, but…. (Nov 19, 2008) Reply To: A strange request for discussion, but…. (Nov 19, 2008)

Michelle Young
Keymaster

Michelle - Orkut shot Michelle YoungNov 26, 2008
Viktor
Are you saying I am unkind?!?!?

No, dear, I am not. Do you think I would knowingly invite an unkind person to my home to be spoiled with a lavish feast? 

Murali Murali SankarNov 26, 2008
Ali

What are you going to cook? 

Ali
hi
hmmmmmmmm
welcome me 

lol! You’ve been a member two years, and you’re just asking to be welcomed now?  How about “welcome! I’m so glad you’re posting and hope you continue!” 

Neo
How are you feeling today? Better I hope?

Michelle wonders if she inadvertently sent her sick bug to Neo–and hopes she didn’t. [August 30, 2015: Wish I knew how to work with color coding. That sentence was in pink. sigh…I think maybe learning Hindi is a bit easier! :unsure: :whistle: :yes: ]

Kanchana D Kanchan DNov 26, 2008
Hurrah for Biryani! We should try talking about other dishes so that other members would start to open up as well. But then,, this aint a food community. 

Btw, i had briyani today!! Fantastico! 

Irene - Orkut shot Irene D’SilvaNov 26, 2008
Michelle
How are you feeling now? 

Kanchana,

Food discussion would be awesome… but like you said it is not a food community 

The first thing that I ask when my see my friends in India online every day is what they had for breakfast. I miss Indian breakfast …NO time to make it here…

RiaZ .. – Nov 26, 2008
Talking about Biryani….I just had my mum’s handmade Biryani last night.

It was so tasty, that I think I ate half of the dish lol & still was searching for more, when ultimately she had to hide it somewhere from me.

It had a ever lasting tasteful effect in my stomach, that’s really hard to forget.

Irene

The sore throat is finally gone. It was so severe, it was like a knife had cut the inside, so you know how relieved I am. My lungs are still clearing out but I know that’s healing too since I’m able to sleep through most of the night again.

Tell me what an Indian breakfast is like. This is one area where I think we in North America might understand least since there’s more likelihood of our taking breakfast as we know it the least. I’ve made simple or semi-fancy American breakfasts, Italian breakfasts, Jewish breakfasts, even something along the lines of a Chinese breakfast although the majority of the world might not understand it. I’ve loved the Brazilian breakfasts I had! But I’ve never had the pleasure of an Indian breakfast, and now you’ve piqued my curiosity!

Riaz
It was so tasty, that I think I ate half of the dish lol & still was searching for more, when ultimately she had to hide it somewhere from me.

lol This reminds me of how I have to hide the sauce when I make pasta and meatballs because my youngest son is sooooo good at finding all the meatballs and eating them before I’m aware! This is the same son who, when he was little, would draw pathways through the frosting on his (or anyone else’s) birthday cake! lol

Ashwini Nandgeri Baranwal – Nov 26, 2008
Technically

speaking the mughals ruled the now Pakistan and India..
they were called turks.. turki [the t is pronounced as in French “feth”
as in ‘bon feth’]

The mughals landed from Persia.

Aurangzeb ruled a then state called Hyderabad[at present capital city of Andra pradesh state] in the southern part of India.

So many of them assume the biryani to be from India as on every restaurant menu you find hyderabadi biryani.

But I guess thats not the fact.[Logically im hitting the bulls eye blindfolded.Just the way the argument started.][I need to stop here.. my baby just began a slow whine..

RiaZ .. – Nov 26, 2008
Michelle
Pasta and meatballs.

Yummy!!!

I’m fantasizing of them right now.

I think, that dish would be haunting me, in my dream till I don’t get my hands on them lol.

Riaz
Pasta and meatballs.

Yummy!!!

I’m fantasizing of them right now.

I think, that dish would be haunting me, in my dream till I don’t get my hands on them lol. 

lol I always make homemade sauce. And a good sauce needs good meatballs, so yes, I make those too. lol Well, that is, unless I’m making Eggplant Parmegiana or something that doesn’t need meatballs. lol I just have to hide any extra meatballs when I make them, or there won’t be any extras. For that matter, I have to stand close to the stove when I’m making the meatballs because the boys try to distract me so they can steal them right from the pan! lol

Ashwini
How is the baby?  Imagine: as young as she is, she’s not even the youngest here anymore! lol

Murali Murali SankarNov 26, 2008
Michelle

I’m getting better and better and I don’t think you passed me the bug . I found a quick remedy for my sore-throat. I just stopped talking to anyone for a whole day.  It helped. Today I was able to talk over the phone without much discomfort, for 5 minutes. Then I started to cough. But it is better. Tablets are doing their part well too. 🙂 I will be normal in another 24 hours. I am sure.

Neo

I hope you’re right. I wasn’t as lucky. I’m still amazed that I didn’t have the usual symptoms I’m used to with bronchitis.

Irene - Orkut shot Irene D’SilvaNov 26, 2008
Indian breakfast

Michelle… the breakfast we used to have in India are basically South Indian, since I am from the South  I have nooo idea how North Indian breakfast is like but all my north Indian friends like the Southie breakfast… So these are some of my favorites

Dosa- made out of rice and lentil batter… it will remind you of a crepe

Iddli- again made out of rice and lentil batter, but the batter consistency is different compared to the dosa batter. Iddlies look like small cakes… you need special pans to make them. It is steamed actually

Both Iddli and dosa can be eaten with Sambhar (sicy soup with lentils, potatoes, tomatoes, drumstick, few other vegetables, and spices) or coconut chutney. Yummmyyy

Uppuma-cream of wheat, but with spices like ginger, garlic, mustard seeds, curry leaves, onion, and some red chilli flakes

Chapathi- Wheat bread with potato curry

and many many many moreeeee… yummyyy…