What’s So Special About Scorpio? ;-)

About Me Forums Scorpio! What’s So Special About Scorpio? ;-)

This topic contains 19 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Michelle Young 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Michelle Young
    Keymaster

Hi everyone,

I just saw a reply in a thread in my KISS (Keep It Simply Serious) Astrology group on Facebook, and it inspired me to create this thread. Basically, the title says it all: What’s So Special About Scorpio? 😉

Whether or not you’re a Scorpio, if you feel so inclined, share what you love about Scorpio. I confess: I’m biased since my rising sign is Scorpio. But this isn’t about me. What is so special about this sign to you?

This should be an active thread, but until people start responding, it’s going to lie here like a dead fish floating on its side.

Let’s make the communities come alive!

As a Scorpio Sun myself I find that Scorpio season is a rejuvenating time of the year, a time when we as Scorpios get back on our natural time slot. And with that comes more nighttime hours to do our investigating of self through meditation and the world around us through various channels of communication and study. At least for me the nighttime hours are more compatible with my natural rhythms, as I enjoy the quiet solitude that nighttime provides, while plunging into my subjects of interest.

Dennis Harris

Michelle Young
    Keymaster

I tend to be more attuned to nighttime as well, Dennis, at least for the most part. I’m trying to get on a sei-normal schedule but I’m really not sure how well that is working. Time will tell, I guess. I probably won’t talk much in this thread because I’d rather see others’ thoughts related to the subject. Hopefully it won’t be too long before some of the others see the conversations in full swing.

Expecto Patronum
    Participant

Oh this is interesting!

I will take the cue from Dennis’s post and say that I too enjoy long nights. People think I’m crazy that I like when it gets dark at 5. I also haven’t found many people who like winters, or snow for that matter.
    It’s so easy for a Scorpio to be in solitude and do their own thing. We aren’t big chatters. A little shy, maybe. Oh and sensitive? Like no other. We are sensitive to small changes in the environment around us. It’s hard for a Scorpio to let go of things even if they were meant to be a joke. We hold our self respect close to heart and that shouldn’t be played around with. It’s hard to forgive a wrong done to us. On the other hand, we also remember the good done for us and will try to repay. I don’t know if all Scorpios are this secretive, but I hate to have my steps watched. I exit the stage left if there’s an over watchfulness. But we are loyal friends and partners.
    We are a good company for a conversation, an adventure or to be your confidant and take your secrets to the grave.

In a nutshell, we are the great at everything – good or bad…..mostly good. B-) :whistle:

Nivi

[quote=2316]As a Scorpio Sun myself I find that Scorpio season is a rejuvenating time of the year, a time when we as Scorpios get back on our natural time slot. And with that comes more nighttime hours to do our investigating of self through meditation and the world around us through various channels of communication and study. At least for me the nighttime hours are more compatible with my natural rhythms, as I enjoy the quiet solitude that nighttime provides, while plunging into my subjects of interest.

Dennis Harris

[/quote]

[quote=2331]Oh this is interesting!

I will take the cue from Dennis’s post and say that I too enjoy long nights. People think I’m crazy that I like when it gets dark at 5. I also haven’t found many people who like winters, or snow for that matter.
    It’s so easy for a Scorpio to be in solitude and do their own thing. We aren’t big chatters. A little shy, maybe. Oh and sensitive? Like no other. We are sensitive to small changes in the environment around us. It’s hard for a Scorpio to let go of things even if they were meant to be a joke. We hold our self respect close to heart and that shouldn’t be played around with. It’s hard to forgive a wrong done to us. On the other hand, we also remember the good done for us and will try to repay. I don’t know if all Scorpios are this secretive, but I hate to have my steps watched. I exit the stage left if there’s an over watchfulness. But we are loyal friends and partners.
    We are a good company for a conversation, an adventure or to be your confidant and take your secrets to the grave.

In a nutshell, we are the great at everything – good or bad…..mostly good. B-) :whistle:

[/quote]

Dennis and Expecto (love yourscreen name BTW), I found myself nodding to everything both of you’ll said. :good:

Michelle Young
    Keymaster

Nivi, Expecto would remember better than I, but Expecto was a member of the original Scorpio. Whether that was since it began, however, I don’t remember so it’s possible you never met. Expecto, do you remember when you joined?

Michelle Young
    Keymaster

Dennis, interesting that you might relate to the night hours as Scorpinic…I had never thought about that. I find the best writing time at night because most of the people raound me are sleeping. 😀

Expecto, here in the Northeastern region of the US, many get snow. Where I live, however, that depends on the year, I guess: one year we can get pummeled like the rest of the Northeast, and the next, our temps are stunningly warmer: One year, I remember leaving here for Washington, DC in the morning and seeing people on the tennis courts, playing or practicing–in shorts. It was December 8. The Fahrenheit temps were in the 50s (10-15°C) and I got to Washington only to find the city paralyzed, with cars slipping and sliding through the highways we in the north would have considered nothing to write home about. There was maybe a max of 2 inches (5 cm) on the roads! It was a bit of a challenge for me to understand. lol

Expecto Patronum
    Participant

Thanks, Nivi. Glad to see more posts here.
    M, I must have joined Scorpio sometime in 2010. Whoa! time flies. Am I that old? Young at heart, young at heart. B-)

Expecto Patronum
    Participant

M, of all your communities, there’s an exclamation mark next to only this one. Why? 😉 😉

Michelle Young
    Keymaster

[quote=2344]Thanks, Nivi. Glad to see more posts here.
    M, I must have joined Scorpio sometime in 2010. Whoa! time flies. Am I that old? Young at heart, young at heart. B-)

[/quote]
    Wow, Expecto! I was sure it was before that! lol Then you’re not part of the original 1000 or so. You came after all of the havoc! That explains your next question which I’m getting to now…

Michelle Young
    Keymaster

This is really bizarre, Expecto! One minute I was posting in here, and the next, I managed somehow to be back in the Music, Music, Music thread! Uranus is definitely playing tricks on me today! lol Heres my reply:

When Scorpio began on Orkut, you may remember the full title was “Scorpio–created Jan 24, 2004!” and thats really indicative of what happened in the years before you joined in 2010. There had been this one person who kept trying to bully me, insisting that the community was his. I knew it wasn’t because there had been a membership vote at the insistence of the former owner to prove to her that the members really wanted me and not her since I was more present than she had been. He did everything possible to hound me in both the Scorpio and Astrology communities and finally created a community to compete with ours, using the same name until I added those words “created Jan 24, 2004” which he, of course, wouldn’t ever be able to prove since Orkut always had shown the date the community was created.

And that is how the exclamation got there. It really was a statement to say “No! This is the real Scorpio community you’ve been trying to find!” There were many clones off this one but none of them had the episodes of “KSS” (The Kinky, The Sexy and The Sassy) soap opera ours did. Others had the usual Sun sign stuff, but ours had all kinds of things–and no birthday threads–that no others were able to do. (I think I’d have to look at my files now, btw, to see whether the phrase “created Jan 24, 2004” was in parentheses or not. That bit I actually forgot! :unsure:

Thanks for asking! :good: :heart: :rose:

colleenzb
    Participant

Hey Michelle,
    It isn’t me that is an actual Scorpio or Scorpio rising, my husband had Scorpio Rising but since he is passed now it is my daughter that concerns me. She is Scorpio rising at 00 degrees with Pluto at 00 degrees like less than 10 minutes of arc more and every time I look at her chart it just boggles my mind, I have no idea how to explain what that means to her. She has her sun in Virgo at 28 degrees and Saturn is at 13 degrees Scorpio, Venus is at 25 degrees of Libra oh and her MC is 3 degrees Leo with her moon at 10 degrees Leo. Those are points that just jump out at me when I look at her chart. Anyway, just wondering what your thoughts are, also this girl has serious issues with being away from the beach and since she is still stuck in Buffalo, NY for another year or two I believe she doesn’t seem to fit the things some of you have mentioned so far in this thread. Oh and I thought Italian_Butterfly was in a Scorpio forum maybe before 2004. Lord, showing my age there, not sure about my memory anymore though.

Michelle Young
    Keymaster

Hi colleenzb! I_B was in a Yahoogroups forum before 2004, in fact, two of them: Plutonians, which is pretty much fallow now (the groups there didn’t grow much, if you recall), and also in the 8th house group. Mind if I look at her chart? It will help me to answer a bit better. Feel free to send me the data and tell me if I should post the chart along with it or just speak after seeing it but no chart, okay?

And btw, your memory is fine. We met around 1998/1999, I believe. I wandered back into contact with the world after vanishing from the radar for three years. I don’t remember in exactly which group we’d met over there, whether it was in Gina’s that became known as TarotTransits, which of course I owned, or another one. Only that we connected there. So we’ve been friends a long time! 😉

I’m so glad you’re here! And you’re fine here in Scorpio too. :rose: :heart:

colleenzb
    Participant

Sorry Michelle, I swear I checked a couple of times for a response and didn’t see one then I got the flu and was in bed for like 2 weeks and then again spent last week in bed. I am so very behind in my schoolwork but Courtney’s birth data is September 21, 1984 at 9:10 am in San Diego, CA and I use placidus house system and tropical zodiac. And you can post it all here.

Now I remember, we were in TarotTransits and I found Plutonians there.
    I am very glad to be here

Michelle Young
    Keymaster

My turn for apologies, Colleen. It seems like the news has been coming almost at breakneck speed lately, and I wonder how much faster I could possibly go. :wacko: lol

I trust you’re specifically asking about Pluto’s 13-minute partile conjunction to the Ascendant, yes? (The new software I’m using, Sirius, is consider the most accurate of all astrological software, so rest assured this is the actual chart.)

Courtney's chart

Pluto in Scorpio is obviously going to be intense especially in the first house, conjunct the Ascendant, no less. But in square to the Moon, you can add several degrees of intensity to that especially in terms of her emotions. Such a placement can also be intimidating to others no matter how gently the native tries to come across. The native can exude a type of magnetic, mysterious power that simply radiates in all s/he does. To what she may feel is a simultaneous curse and blessing, she needs to be fully conscious of how she comes across to others. She may confuse some with her passion and zest for life, which could have her wondering what she did to get into that position. On the other hand, I suspect she has much grace and the ability to extricate herself from difficult situations if she needs to as well.

This will never be a position where she could do something halfway: She’s either fully into the plan of action, or she’s not getting involved at all. I’m especially intrigued with her degree of Pluto in comparison to her Nodes since the antiscion of the North Node forms a one-minute partile square to the Ascendant and, of course, is therefore forming a 14-minutes partile square to Pluto as well! This would seem to imply to me that she’s found herself living a life that could be considered quite dramatic although it can also explain what she’s doing in Buffalo, New York, a bit far from the beach. :whistle:

She’s also probably quite sensitive to her surroundings all the way to the environment in which she finds herself at any time. of course from where I’m sitting, I have no doubt she can be quite charming too with the conjunction to her Venus.

Take note, btw, the March 9 Solar Eclipse made a partile square to her 8th house Vertex. It doesn’t seem like she’ll have what could be called a dull year but more like one in which many events might feel somewhat destined, fated.

Does that help? Again, my apologies for taking so long to reply.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.