Scorpio loves Scorpio (3/10/2004)

About Me Forums Scorpio! Scorpio loves Scorpio (3/10/2004)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Michelle Young 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Michelle Young
    Keymaster

Michelle - Orkut shot Michelle YoungNov 11, 2007
    Scorpio loves Scorpio
    3/10/2004 9:56 PM
    Someone mentioned about the rising signs. A Scorpio rising and a Scorpio Sun have great beginnings, and depending on the rest of the factors in the chart, can truly be a match made in heaven!

The best relationship I ever had was with such a Scorpio Sun–and yes, we were compatible in all ways.

Michelle - Orkut shot Michelle YoungNov 18, 2007
    You’re definitely a Scorpio Sun. Whether or not you’re a Scorpio rising depends on the birthdate including the year, the exact time, and the place you were born.

AVIROOP,the crownless again shall b kingNov 18, 2007
    hey michelle my date of birth is 6th nov 1984 at 1 pm in calcutta in india (co ordinates are 22 degree 30 mins north and 88 degrees 30 mins east).now please tell me if i am a scorpio sun or scorpio rising and whats the difference between the two.

Nadia
    S/he who opens mouth without understanding the subject is a fool. Better that you keep your mouth shut, try to learn something and maybe grow from it while others only wonder if you’re a fool. By opening your mouth, you simply showed people they were right if they were thinking you were a fool.

It’s not BS, but you wouldn’t know that now, would you, because you’re too busy shoving both your feet in your big mouth to know that. Don’t let the door hit you on the way out. I’m not banning you. No worries. You can leave on your own–or stay and maybe become a bit more intelligent. If you decide to stay, have a look in the Help, please thread, or post a question to people in the community for whom I’ve already read their charts, and ask them how accurate I am or not. Otherwise, byeeee!

6 November birthdays
    Automatically Scorpio Sun. I don’t know about the rising signs without seeing the data, but there’s much more to your chart than that.

Aviroop
    hey michelle my date of birth is 6th nov 1984 at 1 pm in calcutta in india (co ordinates are 22 degree 30 mins north and 88 degrees 30 mins east).now please tell me if i am a scorpio sun or scorpio rising and whats the difference between the two.

You have a Scorpio Sun, as I mentioned above. The likelihood that you were born precisely at 1 pm is very slim, but based on that time being precise, you have a 29° Aquarius rising. Before 1 pm, you still have an Aquarius rising. If you were born at 1:01:25, you have a Pisces rising.

Your Sun in Scorpio is simply one of the two luminaries in your chart. Western astrology uses the Solar calendar where Indian astrology uses the Lunar calendar and therefore considers the Moon more important. The calculation differences between Western and Indian astrology are 23.4°, so, for example, while Western astrology considers your Sun to be in Scorpio, Indian astrology says your Sun is in Libra. Similarly, Western astrology says your Moon is in Aries, while Indian astrology says it’s in Pisces. It’s not that one is wrong and the other is right. Western astrology uses the Tropical zodiac and the planets actually in the signs while Indian astrology uses the Sidereal zodiac and the constellations in the signs. As a result, it seems confusing (because it is) but it’s still the same placements. Interpretations will vary from astrologer to astrologer, and where Western astrology says you have free will, Indian astrology tends to rely on fate, karmic retribution and remediation through rituals, talismans, gemstones and efforts to “rid” you of so-called negativity in your chart. But you are who you are, and that’s beautiful because you’re unique. Those very things you may not like about yourself in one instance may be the things to propel you to success in another instance. Western astrology works with people to advise based on your natal chart, but you ultimately still make your own decisions and remain the master of your fate.

Aviroop
    I know I’ve explained somewhere already, but here goes again.

As I said, the Sun is simply the precise degrees and minutes where the Sun was at the moment of your birth. This is what everyone often talks about when they’re looking at the newspaper/magazine columns (unless they’re looking at the Moon with the same kind of sensing). The columns are not intended as fact for everyone. In fact, it’s impossible. They’re generalized and meant for fun, nothing more.

The Ascendant is the first impression you give to the world. It can also reveal–although I don’t hold much stock in it–some physical characteristics about you and your health.

Hope that helps.

Another message for Nadia…
    and anyone else who feels like she does…

The following thread in my other community was posted a few weeks ago between a gentleman who sincerely wanted to know my thoughts about the subject of astrology. Before you go trashing the subject and claiming it’s not real and has no substance, you might want to read this and learn something about what it is rather than spouting off because you think it’s bad or not worthy of being taken seriously:

Astrology – Myth or Reality
    http://www.orkut.com/CommMsgs.aspx?cmm=6669&tid=2563453857037431215&start=1
    [Sep 2, 2015: This link is dead; however, it will be offered in one of the uploaded threads in full, specifically as the title shows here.]

Michelle Young
    Keymaster

Vinay RajNov 18, 2007
    I don’t know to what extent, the concept of ascendants holds true…according to my horoscope, I’m a Scorpio with a Virgo ascendant…so anybody who tries to recognise my sign will call me a Virgo first, yeah?
    Could someone please guide me to the thread (if in existence) that discusses the key characteristics of a Scorpio?
    Or should I just read Linda (I’m not a fan) Goodman?

Vinay
    I don’t know to what extent, the concept of ascendants holds true…according to my horoscope, I’m a Scorpio with a Virgo ascendant…so anybody who tries to recognise my sign will call me a Virgo first, yeah?
    Could someone please guide me to the thread (if in existence) that discusses the key characteristics of a Scorpio?
    Or should I just read Linda (I’m not a fan) Goodman?

It’s not about what someone would call you first, Vinay. And you won’t really find “key characteristics of a Scorpio.” I think you need to look more deeply at some of the threads and pay attention to what I’ve said here about every individual being unique. You and I share the status of “non-fanhood” in re to Linda Goodman, btw. lol

I don’t discuss “typical characteristics,” Vinay, for a very good reason: It’s too easy for people to misunderstand and start to stereotype themselves, as you’ve seen many times in these threads already. No sign is “typical.” That’s a fallacy. You’re looking for stereotypes even though you have 8 planets, 2 luminaries and 12 houses that make up the 360° wheel we call the chart, and that’s not including Chiron, the centaurs, the more than 16000 asteroids and so on that some astrologers (some, not I) use. Why box yourself in?

AVIROOP,the crownless again shall b kingNov 18, 2007
    Thank you michelle,you are a great help,however i didnt get the meaning of aquarius rising,according to my birth chart,the moon is in pisces,and there is something called LAGNA which is aquarius,so the lagna is same as rising???and you have said to nadia that you have stated in another thread about the charecteristics of various people,will you please name the thread i am curious to know what you think about me.if the thread is deleted then please dnt bother because i know you are a very very busy woman.

Michelle - Orkut shot Michelle YoungNov 19, 2007
    Aviroop
    Thank you michelle,you are a great help,however i didnt get the meaning of aquarius rising,according to my birth chart,the moon is in pisces,and there is something called LAGNA which is aquarius,so the lagna is same as rising???and you have said to nadia that you have stated in another thread about the charecteristics of various people,will you please name the thread i am curious to know what you think about me.if the thread is deleted then please dnt bother because i know you are a very very busy woman.

I don’t profess to know Indian astrology, Aviroop, but if you have your lagna in Aquarius, it’s likely that lagna means rising/Ascendant. But there is a 23.4° difference in the calculations, and the calculation for your Western astrological Ascendant (rising) is in the last degree of Aquarius–or in Pisces, depending on your exact time of birth. As I explained earlier, if you were born only 1 minute and some seconds (I think it was 25) after 1, the rising sign would have changed to Pisces in Western astrological calculation, but it would have been around 7° of Aquarius by Indian calculation.

I did not speak about the characteristics of various people to Nadia. I mentioned the Help, please thread where I have done brief analyses of people’s charts. Unfortunately, the person who deleted all the archives that had been here wiped out all 6 or 7 of the Help, please threads, and I had only saved the first one. I’ve been in the midst of reposting that, but the Help, please thread is still closed until I whittle down the number of people still waiting (nearly 200 people on that list still).

I’m not going to try to define the rising based on an iffy time of birth, I’m sorry. I don’t even break down the chart when I read it. Everything works together to give me the whole picture.

Hope that helps.

Michelle Young
    Keymaster

Daria BabuskinaNov 27, 2007
    ??
    what happened to my message? :-/

Daria BabuskinaNov 27, 2007
    Hey Michelle!
    Can u help me out with calculating my rising sign? And how to calculate everything else?
    Maybe you could give me a site or two about astrology and where i could find out how compatible i am with my scorpio partner?
    Thanks in advance!

Michelle - Orkut shot Michelle YoungNov 27, 2007
    Daria
    Please ask this in the “Got Questions” thread. It’s easier for me to answer questions like these there, so I don’t have to search for them.

ARuN. HDec 3, 2007
    Scorpio loves Scorpio??
    i mean are we just talking about the general compatibility?
    or a male -female relation ship?
    have got comments but then wish to clear out the actaul thread..is there any one to explain? .if got time…hehe
    regards

GoDwYn DsOuZa … – Dec 4, 2007
    hey me born on the 25th of oct what do i come under????

Michelle - Orkut shot Michelle YoungDec 5, 2007
    Arun
    I answered you in “Got questions.”

Michelle - Orkut shot Michelle YoungDec 5, 2007
    Godwyn and $@lon!
    You’re both Scorpios. (Godwyn, I trust your question “what do i come under????” wasn’t referring to a rock or something. )

Divine InsomniaDec 5, 2007
    hey am i scorpio rising or scorpio sun? my dob is 9th november.

Sachin GokhaleDec 5, 2007
    Am i Scorpio Sun or Scorpio Rising. ???
    Well Michelle, my dob is 1st Nov 1983, born in thane, india at 3:33 AM…
    And actually what is the difference between the two ?

Anand BeeramDec 26, 2007
    Hello Michelle,

Hope u remember me, I am Anand .

I wanted to know what is the difference between and Scorpio Rising or Scorpio Sun ????.
    Is that there are 2 different types of scorpios ??

And I wanted to know whether I am scorpio sun or scorpio rising ??

My date of birth 28th october,1985.

Kanchana D Kanchan DDec 26, 2007
    No free personal chart interpretation requests please!

Here are ways to get your reading:
    1. Enter and pray hard that you win a contest.
    2. Join the Help,please thread and wait till Michelle is ready to accept more data.(There is a lonnggggg queue so be ready to wait.)
    3. If you think your problem is kinda serious, you may post your entry in the serious problem contest.
    4. Be Michelle’s private client for literally peanuts

Michelle - Orkut shot Michelle YoungDec 26, 2007
    Divine, Sachin and Anand
    You’re all Scorpio Suns.

Anand, yes I remember you.

Sachin and Anand, you basically asked the same question so I’ll paste in Anand’s and then answer:

I wanted to know what is the difference between and Scorpio Rising or Scorpio Sun ????.
    Is that there are 2 different types of scorpios ??

Regardless of what some people who claim to know astrology try to tell you, both Western and Indian astrology look at the Sun and the Moon. Indian astrology uses the Lunar calendar and considers the Moon first. Western astrology uses the Solar calendar and looks at the Sun first. One is not more right than the other.

Indian astrology works with precession based on the wobble of the earth about its axis, the Sidereal zodiac and the constellations where the Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn and Rahu and Ketu are placed. Rahu and Ketu, in Western astrology, are known as the nodes of the Moon. Western astrology uses the Tropical zodiac and Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune and Pluto in the signs themselves. Both Western and Indian astrology are calculated accurately and correctly by their systems, but there is a 23.4° difference that can be confusing to those who don’t understand that the planets are still in the same place and not in different places and signs. It’s simply a matter of different perceptions. Most Western astrologers today also work in some way with Chiron, and some work with fixed stars and more than 16000 asteroids. I don’t get into the fixed stars and asteroids.

Scorpio rising refers to one’s Ascendant which shows the first impression you give to the world. It depends on your time of birth and location of birth just like the rest of your chart does. It can be and often is just as powerful as the Scorpio Sun or Moon, depending on the rest of the chart.

See more in “Got questions,” where I’ll finish by answering Sourabh whose questions are aligned with this one.

Michelle Young
    Keymaster

Michelle - Orkut shot Michelle YoungDec 26, 2007
    Kanchana
    4. Be Michelle’s private client for literally peanuts

I hope you don’t think I’m an elephant!

Anand BeeramDec 29, 2007
    Thanks Michelle, for providing an understanding of terminology.

Well I have some more questions so what’s difference between them, like in characteristics and features – career, love , family relationships.

And my 2nd question – at start of thread u mentioned that providing chart information would give u an ideal match. So may I know what exactly u need , is time of birth and like place ???

Well I am in love with a girl, but I don’t know from her side whether she loves me or not but she’s a good friend……..

So could U help me in this situation……
    Hope to reply soon….

Anand BeeramJan 15, 2008
    Is there anyone who can answer my question

Michelle - Orkut shot Michelle YoungJan 15, 2008
    Anand
    Well I have some more questions so what’s difference between them, like in characteristics and features – career, love , family relationships.

Trying to box in characteristics as you’re expecting (no thanks to Linda Goodman who was hugely instrumental in giving people these impressions) is not wise to do. Everyone is an individual, even a twin. So you’re asking me to do something that is impossible to do if I’m going to remain accurate with what I do. I just don’t play those games. I’m sorry. And my 2nd question – at start of thread u mentioned that providing chart information would give u an ideal match. So may I know what exactly u need , is time of birth and like place ???

Please point to the precise words where I said “providing chart information would give …an ideal match.” Whatever you think I said was definitely a misunderstanding, but I can’t correct that misunderstanding till I know what you’re talking about.

I do use the date, year, exact time and place of birth, but if you’re asking me now to look at two charts for relationship synastry and so on, please go no farther. It’s not a matter of a five-minute look. It’s a very long process, and I refuse to do that for anyone in the communities in a quick look. It’s not fair to me–and it’s not fair to anyone here.

Well I am in love with a girl, but I don’t know from her side whether she loves me or not but she’s a good friend……..

Presumably, if you love someone, that person should also be a good friend in whom you can confide. Is the potential for marriage there? That requires the synastry and composite, and I’ve already explained above that this is not a five-minute look.

Is there anyone who can answer my question

Can I answer your question? I did, but I’m not sure you’ll like the answer you’ve received. I won’t give false hopes and cotton candy for people’s dreams about their lives. They deserve honesty.

Salman QureshiJan 16, 2008
    Hey Michelle
    My DOB is 11th nov 1992 at 4:10 am in Memari in India (coordinates are 23°12′North 88°07′East). Now please tell me if i am a scorpio sun or scorpio rising?

Michelle - Orkut shot Michelle YoungJan 16, 2008
    Salman
    You’re a Scorpio Sun with a Libra rising and a Taurus Moon.

VIJAY… Loving life!!!!Jan 16, 2008
    hi michell… my DOB is 23rd oct 1985… i was born at 4 am in latur india… so m i scorpio sun or rising??? do reply….

Michelle - Orkut shot Michelle YoungJan 16, 2008
    Vijay
    hi michell… my DOB is 23rd oct 1985… i was born at 4 am in latur india… so m i scorpio sun or rising??? do reply….

You’re a Libra Sun with a Virgo rising and Aquarius Moon. You do, on the other hand, have Pluto, Mercury and Saturn in Scorpio, so you probably feel very much like a Scorpio in some ways.

That said, take this as a word of advice and leave the SMS language at the door. We delete posts with SMS language in them, so please work with us, okay?

waana quality work – Jan 17, 2008
    HEY! MICHELLE my date of birth is 11th November 1977 bork in Calcutta.Time is 10.48pm.From last 2 years my life has turned in a different way both personally and proffesionally.I am single. i want to know why and what is this transansition and how would be my future.I have a saimen line as well as griddle of venus on my hands

SiDdHaRtHa KhAnDeLwAlJan 17, 2008
    hi
    what bout me!!!!!!!!!!
    HEY! MICHELLE my date of birth is 11th November 1988 and one more thing WHAT IS SCORPIO SUN (is it different from a normal scorpio)????

Michelle Young
    Keymaster

Michelle - Orkut shot Michelle YoungJan 18, 2008

life and Siddhartha
    I’m going to answer you and then I’m going to start deleting these requests for two reasons:

1) They aren’t in the right thread. “Got questions” is the right thread within reason. I will not analyze people’s charts in that thread. There is another thread for that, and the line is currently closed till I get it pared down to humanly possible. The line has nearly 200 people ahead of you.

2) If you’re impatient, you can get a free computerized reading that will be fairly generic, but you will know your Sun and rising sign if you’ve put in the correct information including your exact time of birth and birthplace.

3) You can hope to win one of the contests for a free reading, but frankly there’s been such a poor showing with entries in those spontaneous contests (I’m not talking about the Serious Problem contest), I wonder if it’s worth my even running those anymore.

The bottom line is just because you want me to read your chart doesn’t mean it’s going to happen poof like that. There are many many people who have been waiting here with the patience of saints as I battled for my life nearly three years ago. I haven’t forgotten them, nor will I. The contests are set up for those who’d like to try for one of the occasional free spots.

life, I would suggest you try to enter one of the contests or wait very patiently till the line opens up. You apparently wanted to have a reading rather than knowing whether you had a Scorpio rising. Siddhartha, please take off the caps lock. It’s considered rude on the Internet.

You have a Scorpio Sun. There are 30° of each sign. The day you were born, the Sun was in the sign of Scorpio (and for the sake of those who are curious, in the constellation of Libra. There are 23.4° difference between the calculations based on the constellations [Jyotish] and the signs the planets are actually in [Western].
    There is no such thing as a “normal” Scorpio or any other sign. [more]
    Michelle Young – Jan 18, 2008
    Clarifications about Indian and Western Astrology
    I don’t know how many times and how many ways I can say this but here goes:
    Indian astrology works with constellations, the Sidereal zodiac, precession, the lunar calendar, and the Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn and Rahu and Ketu. Indian astrologers tend to rely on fate-based prediction in addition to various remedies including rituals, talismans, and gemstones.

Rahu and Ketu are known as the nodes of the Moon in Western astrology. We don’t consider it as significant as Indian astrologers do.

The constellations use the same sign names as the planets, but there is a 23.4° calculation difference between the two. As a result, you may have your Moon calculated by Indian astrology in Scorpio, but your Moon may be in Scorpio or Sagittarius by Western calculation. They are both correct.

Western astrology does not use numerology. Numerology is considered a separate field of study.

Western astrology works with planets in the signs, the Tropical zodiac, the solar calendar, and the Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune and Pluto…and Chiron which is a planetoid and some astrologers work with fixed stars and the more than 16000 asteroids. I do not. Western astrologers rely on free will-based forecasts that are developed via analysis, interpretation and the individual’s free will. It’s not fate. We consider the person’s history and behavioral patterns in the determination of the forecast. The very things you may think are negative about yourself may be what helps to propel you to your personal greatest achievements and successes. If you know how to handle these things in yourself, then you can use them to your advantage rather than thinking they’re hindrances.

Michelle - Orkut shot Michelle YoungJan 18, 2008

Mann
    Please read the two posts above. I’ve deleted yours. I’m not looking except to say you have a Scorpio Sun.

Michelle Young
    Keymaster

Subodh SrivastavaJan 22, 2008
    I read the homepage of this community and it says that SMS language posts are deleted…

ѓå$łҜ …..Jan 22, 2008
    hi Michelle
    my date of birth is 8th nov 1982… at 8:25pm pune (india)… please tell me who iam..waiting 4 ur reply…thnx in adv.

Michelle - Orkut shot Michelle YoungJan 22, 2008

Truth
    12 November is a Scorpio Sun. I would hope you know what you are beyond that. Raising? Seems to me at the time you were born, you might have been the one pushing the sun up in that sky.

Now, that said, please notice what Subodh said about SMS language. He’s telling you straight: SMS language posts are deleted. Please write in normal English so everyone can understand, okay? Thanks.

I’ll give this a day before deleting your post–unless you choose to. I just want you to be sure to see why it’s being deleted. On the other hand, if the moderators get to your post before I do…well, you’ll know why.

Michelle - Orkut shot Michelle YoungJan 22, 2008
    ~:”R@<_ $!_>k”:~
    hi Michelle
    my date of birth is 8th nov 1982… at 8:25pm pune (india)… please tell me who iam..
    waiting 4 ur reply…thnx in adv.

First of all, ~:”R@<_ $!_>k”:~, I can well understand why you don’t know who you are. I trust this is why you have a log on name nobody can read either? Please read the introduction to the community and you’ll see a rule about names. Please make your name under your display pic one that I can actually read and know how to write, okay? Thanks.

Secondly, you’re a Scorpio Sun. Beyond that, if you don’t know who you are, you might be in trouble. Have you asked your parents?

Murali Murali SankarJan 26, 2008
    @ Manisha

you are really not a scorpion. And please be careful with your english. Avoid short forms as far as possible. SMS language is only good for mobile messaging and chatting.
    I think you should post your query in Serious problems thread or Got Questions thread.

shivam dwivediJan 28, 2008
    ws born on 28th october,1984 1:20 pm in kanpur india…..may i knw my rising sun n moon….

Rajiv TyagiFeb 5, 2008
    How is this ywear for me
    My dateof birth is 17th nov1983
    so how is this for me?

Kanchana D Kanchan DFeb 5, 2008
    Shorthand/SMS language posts will be delete

(रोहन्)Rohan …Feb 8, 2008
    Hey michelle how are u?…long time…:-)…Hmm born on 19th nov…20.33…Pune,India… i would like to know whether i am Scorpio Sun or rising…?

Puneet AnandFeb 9, 2008
    hey
    wherever u read about it.. it will be framed as scorpion’s do not gel up together… but i guess its the opposite.. ive hade wonderful scorpio friends all my life.. n the understanding within us is awesome .. agree ?

Michelle - Orkut shot Michelle YoungFeb 9, 2008
    Rohan
    You have a Scorpio Sun. If you want to know what else is in your chart, have a look at this thread:

Want to know your rising, Sun and/or Moon?
    http://www.orkut.com/CommMsgs.aspx?cmm=1513&tid=2580166599088652051

It will also explain why that’s all I’m doing about this information you provided.
    (Sep 3, 2015 – All Orkut links are dead. What we have will be uploaded to the respective communities. Just be patient please. It takes time to upload these with formatting where possible. Thank you.)

Michelle - Orkut shot Michelle YoungFeb 9, 2008
    Puneet
    wherever u read about it.. it will be framed as scorpion’s do not gel up together… but i guess its the opposite..
    This community is for Scorpios. I don’t believe we have any of those walking critters with the venomous tails in this community. At least I don’t know why they’d be here when they probably haven’t learned to read, talk or type yet.

Please avoid the SMS language so everyone can understand what you’re saying.

Surabhi……… means…………..fragranceMar 29, 2008
    pls even after reading all the topics i am not clear wid the idea of rising sign and sun. so ls tell me wats the diffference.
    as far aa i hav observed i just found dat characterstics of sun sign are more prominent among the people.
    i am saying after reading a book on sun signs by Linda Goodman and found it to be very true amongst my friends.
    and 1 query as well my sun sign is scorpio and when i refer to indian astrology den also my zodiac sign is scorpio can ne1 tell me how can this be possible and my BD is 31st october 1989 and i was born on 4:55 pm.

Vijesh Nair- 🙂 It increases your face valueMar 29, 2008
    HI MICHELLE
    WHAT ABT ME? AM BORN ON 14TH NOV

Nitin MehtaMar 29, 2008
    Dumb people always have problem reading…
    Shorthand/SMS language posts will be deleted!

Murali Murali SankarMar 29, 2008
    Dumb people always have problem reading…

I always thought it was blind people who have reading problems…

Michelle - Orkut shot Michelle YoungMar 30, 2008
    Surabhi
    pls even after reading all the topics i am not clear wid the idea of rising sign and sun. so ls tell me wats the diffference.

The Sun sign is determined by your date of birth and year. If you were born on a day when the Sun is moving to the next sign, then the time and place are also important. (The Moon sign is determined by your date of birth, year, time and place. This will be true regardless of whether you’re following Indian astrology or Western astrology. Western astrology notes the Sun sign because of the Solar calendar. Indian astrology notes the Moon sign because of the Lunar calendar, but both Indian and Western astrology work with the Sun and Moon and then the planets.)

Your rising sign is determined by your date of birth, year, exact time and place of birth. The rising sign is also called the Ascendant, and it gives an idea of the first impression you give to the world as well as what your body type might be like and your health. I don’t take the body type and health as seriously, however, because there are other factors that play a role in the way you will appear physically.

as far aa i hav observed i just found dat characterstics of sun sign are more prominent among the people.
    i am saying after reading a book on sun signs by Linda Goodman and found it to be very true amongst my friends.

I have to say if, after the nearly 20 months you’ve been a member of this community, you haven’t learned a thing past what you’ve read by Linda Goodman, you haven’t bothered to read a thing in the community till very recently–and you’ve deprived yourself as a result. Linda Goodman stereotyped and put each sign into neat little boxes. I believe each of you are more than that. Have a look at the “Help please” thread for example.

I’ll answer your next question in the next frame, coming up.
    Btw, I copied the first two paragraphs of my answer from where I had answered someone else in the last several months. This is a frequent question that could be easily answered if people would just search for it.

and 1 query as well my sun sign is scorpio and when i refer to indian astrology den also my zodiac sign is scorpio can ne1 tell me how can this be possible and my BD is 31st october 1989 and i was born on 4:55 pm.

I can’t answer your question about your chart because you didn’t give me all the information I needed. Secondly, please stop using that infernal SMS language! Not everyone here can understand it, and while some people may think it’s hip, I find it rude, insensitive and downright irritating so I’ll appreciate your not using it. Besides, the moderators might otherwise delete your post.

The difference between Indian astrology and Western astrology is laid out very clearly here:

Western and Indian astrology
    http://www.orkut.com/CommMsgs.aspx?cmm=1513&tid=2589308857884983059
    (Sep 3, 2015 – Invalid link. The thread will be found and uploaded.)

I don’t think it can be any clearer than that. There is a 23.4° calculation difference between the two fields of study, and as a result, you can definitely have a Scorpio Sun by Western calculation and a Scorpio Moon by Jyotish calculation, but you cannot look at both in the same “breath.” What’s calculated by Indian astrology needs to stay with Indian astrology, just as what’s calculated with Western astrology needs to stay with Western astrology. Both are correct and accurate even though the calculations appear different. Indian astrology uses the lunar calendar for its calculations. Western astrology uses the solar calendar for its calculations. One is not more right than the other.

Your Sun by Indian astrology, btw, is in Libra. Your Moon by Western astrology may or may not be in Scorpio. It depends on the calculations. The reason you are apparently not understanding is you’re trying to look at both together. You can’t do that. Keep them separate.

Videsh
    Please take off the caps lock. That’s a sign of yelling on the Internet.

Secondly, your being born on 14 November tells me nothing except that you have a Scorpio Sun by Western astrology. Your Sun, by Jyotish calculation, is in Libra. Again, don’t try to read about your Sun or Moon by looking at both. If you look at the Indian interpretations, read about the Sun in Libra. If you look at the Western interpretations, read about your Sun in Scorpio. It will be less confusing, but still confusing no matter how you do this. You need to understand that.

And thirdly, read what I wrote to Surabhi. You’ll find it very much related to what you were asking.

Michelle Young
    Keymaster

Kushal SavdekarMar 30, 2008
    Michelle …why not me???
    Hi..michelle i did posted few lines to get reply from you ..i found its been deleted :((((
    wats wrong with me …8 nov. borned …? plz help…:(( see ya

Abhiraj ShaktawatMar 30, 2008
    Hi, i wanted to find out if im a scorpio rising or a scorpio sun. my birth date is 25th October 1988 and the time was 11:27pm.

Kanchana D Kanchan DMar 30, 2008
    Abhiraj
    Visit http://www.astro.com and just throw in all the details you just furnished and you will have loads to read about your sun sign, ascendant etc etc. Have fun!

||James|| Cancer cures SmokingMar 30, 2008
    Why do people consider astrology fake?
    I am a very realistic and practical person who believes what he sees. The first time I heard about something called a sunsign was just 2 years ago and I was hooked. I found too many similarities in my sign and my own character to be just a coincidence. So I dug in deeper. Then I came across the idea of a natal chart. After drawing my own chart, whatever little doubts I had disappeared. Since then there have been many of my friends who used to rubbish astrology and then stare open mouthed when I show them their charts. Goes on to show that what you consider to be foolishness might just be wisdom beyond your understanding.

Michelle - Orkut shot Michelle YoungMar 31, 2008

Ku$h’l
    Michelle …why not me???
    Hi..michelle i did posted few lines to get reply from you ..i found its been deleted :((((
    wats wrong with me …8 nov. borned …? plz help…:(( see ya

I’m not sure if it’s because it was SMS or what. As for your having been born on 8 November, I don’t understand what your question is. Please help what? The date alone says absolutely nothing.

As for why your post was deleted, Ku$h’l, I really don’t know. I’m afraid I’m not sitting in the shoes of the moderator who did it, but I hope you’ll keep an open mind to consider why it might have been deleted. You’ll find the moderators here play by the rules, but they’re usually very fair–and they’re nice.

Michelle - Orkut shot Michelle YoungMar 31, 2008
    James
    Why do people consider astrology fake?
    I am a very realistic and practical person who believes what he sees. The first time I heard about something called a sunsign was just 2 years ago and I was hooked. I found too many similarities in my sign and my own character to be just a coincidence. So I dug in deeper. Then I came across the idea of a natal chart. After drawing my own chart, whatever little doubts I had disappeared. Since then there have been many of my friends who used to rubbish astrology and then stare open mouthed when I show them their charts. Goes on to show that what you consider to be foolishness might just be wisdom beyond your understanding.

I wish, first of all, that you would have asked this in the “Got questions” thread where it belongs, instead of in this one. However, have a look at this discussion I had with someone recently in my other community. I think you’ll find it pertinent to your question:

Astrology – Myth or Reality
    http://www.orkut.com/CommMsgs.aspx?cmm=6669&tid=2563453857037431215
    (Sep 3, 2015 – this thread will be uploaded. Don’t bother clicking the link. It will take you to a useless page.)

Kushal Savdekar – Mar 31, 2008
    Thankx Michelle
    well ..nice to see those lines from you..:) and moderators i got you now…hahah..:) rules are rules ..;) well
    michelle i have heard that people born on date 8 ..struggles in life..either bad or good patch always..how far is it true? and also being an scorpion on 8 nov. does it really matters for us 😉 ..also where i stand sun/moon, rising or so?.. thanx for ur feedbacks really ..:) god bless..:)

Michelle - Orkut shot Michelle YoungApr 1, 2008

Ku$h’l
    Thankx Michelle
    well ..nice to see those lines from you..:) and moderators i got you now…hahah..:) rules are rules ..;) well
    michelle i have heard that people born on date 8 ..struggles in life..either bad or good patch always..how far is it true? and also being an scorpion on 8 nov. does it really matters for us 😉 ..also where i stand sun/moon, rising or so?.. thanx for ur feedbacks really ..:) god bless..:)

I really wish you’d find the “Got questions” thread for these questions, Ku$h’l. It helps the community stay more organized and easier to follow.

Numerology is not a component of Western astrology. It’s a separate subject area.

I don’t understand what you mean by “sun/moon, rising or so.” What do you mean, where you stand? Astrologically, or what?

I can tell you next to nothing about yourself based on a day out of whatever year, Ku$h’l. Since nobody, not even a twin, has the same chart as you do, nor will they for about the next 25828 years after the moment of your birth (NASA estimates), my knowing your birthday means nothing more than my knowing you are a Scorpio Sun by Western calculation and a Libra Sun by Jyotish calculation. Be patient and you’ll see. But do check out the “Got questions” thread. I think you’ll find a lot to discover there.

Michelle - Orkut shot Michelle YoungApr 2, 2008
    I don’t know how many ways and how many times I can say this before everyone will catch on. Here goes again:

SHORTHAND/SMS LANGUAGE posts are DELETED.SHORTHAND/SMS LANGUAGE posts are DELETED.SHORTHAND/SMS LANGUAGE posts are DELETED.SHORTHAND/SMS LANGUAGE posts are DELETED.SHORTHAND/SMS LANGUAGE posts are DELETED.SHORTHAND/SMS LANGUAGE posts are DELETED.SHORTHAND/SMS LANGUAGE posts are DELETED.SHORTHAND/SMS LANGUAGE posts are DELETED.SHORTHAND/SMS LANGUAGE posts are DELETED.SHORTHAND/SMS LANGUAGE posts are DELETED.SHORTHAND/SMS LANGUAGE posts are DELETED.

Keshav K Verma … May 2, 2008
    Michelle
    I have read some where that 2 scorpios either can be very good friends or can repel each other but there is no adjustments or compromises entertained. I have experienced this till some extent but one thing I would like to say that I haven’t been possesive to anyone till today which I think contradicts with Scorpio’s characteristic. Even I have a GF (Virgo), we love each other and planning to get married this year, Now we live in different states so most of the time we are in touch through phone from last 5 years but still today I am not possessive about her.

Michelle what do u think is it normal or something is wrong with me as scorpio ? 🙁

Michelle - Orkut shot Michelle YoungMay 2, 2008
    Keshav
    Michelle what do u think is it normal or something is wrong with me as scorpio ? 🙁

Of course it’s normal, Keshav! You’re human and completely individual. One of the biggest problems I deal with in getting people to have a better understanding about astrology is this concept that the Sun (or Moon, in Indian astrology) is all there is. It’s not.

Have a look at the following thread, and you’ll see just how complex astrology is–regardless of whether you’re speaking about Western astrology or the Indian school of thought:

Western and Indian astrology
    http://www.orkut.com/CommMsgs.aspx?cmm=1513&tid=2589308857884983059
    (Sep 3, 2015 – The link above does not work. I’m working to upload files as quickly as possible.)

Nobody is 100% of any sign. That is an across the board fact! It’s why I get irritated with people who, like one person wrote in my scraps last night, reply to my question about why they want to join this community as follows:

stupid question cuz i am born on 18th nov thats why.

Frankly, I can’t decide whether to give this jerk a piece of my mind, say nothing, or even to reject his request to join this community. But I probably will accept because that’s what kind of person I am, but that word “stupid” grates on me. It was not a stupid question. It was a stupid answer he gave however.

Okay, now that I’m done with that little rant, I’ll go on to say that there’s nothing wrong with you if you’re not possessive, Keshav. It’s simply the way the components of your chart work to reveal who you are. It makes you no less Scorpio than if you were possessive; it makes you no more than any other sign you may be. It’s simply the way you’re put together.

You’re very normal–and just as much a Scorpio as you have ever been.

Michelle Young
    Keymaster

Keshav K Verma …May 3, 2008
    Michelle
    Hi, Thanks for your reponse. Its good to know that I am a normal scorpio but really I am impressed with your instant, concerned and extensive reply.
    I have seen other forums and found you’r very active. Simply Great! You are rocking Michelle……….. How you manage all this?

Though I have a orkut login from long time ago but started exploring it from last few days and I am really finding it very interesting.

♥Ït$ uR L!fé…. m@Ké !T L@Rgé♥May 7, 2008
    me born on 26 october 1985 2.05 AM can i know wheather i am scorpio sun are scorpio raising

Michelle - Orkut shot Michelle YoungMay 7, 2008
    ♥Ït$ uR L!fé….
    me born on 26 october 1985 2.05 AM can i know wheather i am scorpio sun are scorpio raising

That’s not enough information for me to tell you about your rising sign, but you definitely have a Scorpio Sun.

Check the following to go about finding your rising sign (Ascendant):

Want to know your rising, Sun and/or Moon?
    http://www.orkut.com/CommMsgs.aspx?cmm=1513&tid=2580166599088652051&kw=Western+chart
    (Sep 3, 2015 – the link above is invalid. I’m working to restore what I can.)

Hope that helps.

Michelle - Orkut shot Michelle YoungMay 7, 2008
    Keshav
    Hi, Thanks for your reponse. Its good to know that I am a normal scorpio but really I am impressed with your instant, concerned and extensive reply.

Well, now you see I don’t always have an opportunity to reply instantly. My apologies for the delay.

I have seen other forums and found you’r very active. Simply Great! You are rocking Michelle……….. How you manage all this?

You’ve piqued my curiosity. Where else have you seen me?

Managing all this? Ummm…see the twinkle in my eye as I say things like Neptune is tossing those dust bunnies in your brain again while it tosses rose petals before your eyes. Seriously, there are times when I feel quite overwhelmed and stressed because things are coming at me faster than I’m mentally able to handle at that moment. Those times may be when I start cocooning more often than not. There is a delicate balance between needing to nurture self and my space, and needing to tend to things here. I usually neglect myself before the community and then have to backtrack and cocoon to make it all right again. Before I became so ill three years ago, I was constantly trying to “do it all.” Since then, I’ve tried to remember that I’m not SuperWoman, that I do need time for myself–including sleep–and that it’s okay not to be able to cope with everything 100% of the time. I think that’s helped me to stay more focused as I need to. Now my being overwhelmed–at least for the last 8 months especially–lies in getting back on track with my book, the missing archives and computer backups so I’m never faced with this stuff again. Though I have a orkut login from long time ago but started exploring it from last few days and I am really finding it very interesting.

I’m so glad to hear that, Keshav. Thank you.

Michelle - Orkut shot Michelle YoungJuly 2, 2008
    Sahaja
    You can’t simply take broad based dates or signs as you’ve done and think you can get a compatibility interpretation. It’s very extensive if you’re going to do it right. I read the two charts on their own, then I compare one to the other, then the other to the first one (two different views this way), then I create a composite chart and look at that on its own, then I compare one of the charts to the composite chart, and then the other chart to the composite chart–and then after considering the situation and each individual’s free will along with the potential problems I see from such a union, I can make an analysis and interpretation as to the potential success of a relationship.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.