Question: Pluto Was “Plutoed”-Astrology Effected (Jan 14, 2007)

About Me Forums Astrology Question: Pluto Was “Plutoed”-Astrology Effected (Jan 14, 2007)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Michelle Young
    Keymaster

Alex de la LunaJan 14, 2007
    Question: Pluto Was “Plutoed”-Astrology Effected?
    Pluto was “plutoed”: Side-effect on Astrology?
    It seemed kinda amusing to me that people could decide whether a space object is this or that regarding that last august the General Assembly of the International Astronomical Union decided “Pluto did not meet its new definition of a planet”, thus they underscored the dynamism that animates science….

and even funnier, it was named “2006 Word of the Year” by the American Dialect Society, meaning “to demote or devalue someone or something, the same way the astronomers demoted and devalued the poor planet of Pluto” (or non-planet, as the case may be).

I was thinking how arrogant people can be…we’re just some lonely humble creatures residing on a rather insignificant object (which meets our own definition of planet) but for some reason we believe we have full rights to judge and tag the whole Universe and its elements…

Anyway..now as Pluto was degraded, officially our solar system suffered some change…which made me wonder: What will it do to the astrological studies? Any effect at all? Or astrology needs to re-build its basis coz Pluto was no more as important as a neighborhood planet?

Michelle Astrology dp Michelle YoungJan 14, 2007
    Great question, Alex. Enjoy these threads for starters:

“pluto is associated with grt dipression of 1930”
    http://www.orkut.com/CommMsgs.aspx?cmm=6669&tid=2483869272660073514
    (Sep 3, 2015: As these files are rebuilt, the links will be able to find associations. In the meantime, please be patient. Thank you.)
    “Solar System to gain 3 more planets??”
    http://www.orkut.com/CommMsgs.aspx?cmm=6669&tid=2481885092263245272&na=1&nst=1
    (Sep 3, 2015: As these files are rebuilt, the links will be able to find associations. In the meantime, please be patient. Thank you.
    Humans made this distinction, Alex. If observations of Pluto and/or any other planet–dwarf or otherwise–were determined to reflect a certain behavioral pattern, just because other humans decided to “demote” that planet changes nothing in the observations.

Abbas Abbas Saleem KhanJan 14, 2007
    heres that big thing that i wonder about pluto.

like how does it affect the individual – i know that its relative to events but with it’s solar cycle being so long (from human terms) does it have any effect whatsoever?

Michelle Astrology dp Michelle YoungJan 15, 2007
    Abbas
    I disagree that the planets affect or influence the individual. Imo, they are symbolic of the internal changes we experience. A Plutonian transit is not a here-today-gone-tomorrow kind of transit. It’s long and slow, and we see the impact as long and far-reaching.

At approximately the age of 24-25, sometimes a bit earlier, sometimes a bit later depending on the elliptical cycle of this planet, an individual goes through the transit of Pluto conjunct the natal Neptune. It actually begins about two years or so before the exact conjunction, and it finishes about two years after the exact conjunction. During that time, the individual experiences confusion and even fear about the future. But even when that transit is over, even if the individual thinks s/he has it all together, it’s only about 10 years later that the individual realizes how very much s/he has changed and can barely recognize who s/he once was.

I could be answering you all the same in relation to Neptune and Uranus. The changes are slow–even with Uranus. If one studies the transits of Uranus in its interaction with the natal chart (because the process of the transits is smooth, flowing, always moving), one can see that there is always something else that’s going on. So the individual may be completely surprised by the expect-the-unexpected Uranus connection, but if one studies the chart a bit more, one can usually see other signs that the changes were coming.

Can you always tell precisely what those changes will be? No. Because individuals have free will, and that free will will enable us to make changes in our directions, take challenges others might not expect us to take, and shy away from what they were sure we would do.

For those who don’t know, Pluto cycles (not solar cycles) are 248 years, Neptune’s are 165 and Uranus’ are 84.

Hope that helps.

Michelle Astrology dp Michelle YoungJul 31, 2009 And Pluto is back in the news!
    Well, it seems the State of Illinois has taken on the IAU’s decision to downgrade Pluto from its rank of planethood (or not). Have a look at the following 27 July 2009 New Scientist article by Stephen Battersby:
    Is Pluto a planet after all?
    New Scientist: Is Pluto a Planet After All?
    Interesting.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.