Party Time!!! (Mar 11, 2010)

About Me Forums Scorpio! Party Time!!! (Mar 11, 2010)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Michelle Young 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Michelle Young
    Keymaster

Michelle - Orkut shot Michelle YoungMar 11, 2010
    Party Time!!!
    Hi everyone,

As we gave forewarnings, Nikhil Londhe has arrived in the USA this week and will be here at least 8 weeks. With that in mind, we’ve begun to get people together for a fun evening, the first official Scorpio! community event! If you’re in the USA or Canada (or anywhere else and can surprisingly make it here), this thread will be for common knowledge of those interested in joining us that night in upstate Binghamton, New York.

Date: Saturday, 17 April 2010
    Time: To be agreed upon after we see who’s coming

This is a non-vegan evening as requested by those who would like to taste foods common to the upstate New York area, although I suppose a few of the dishes would fall in line with vegan needs.

We can keep this thread for discussion, questions, etc…

If you would like to join us, please contact me with a private note, or post here and let me know to contact you through your scrapbook which, obviously, needs to be open. Please don’t post that you’re coming in my scraps because I might not see it.

It’s kind of exciting to me to see that we already have members coming from what appears to be all four corners of the USA (so Saturday was chosen as the most likely day)!

Michelle Young
    Keymaster

Murali Murali SankarJul 6, 2010Mar 11, 2010
    Even though I’m going to miss it…
    I can’t wait to hear about the party and see the snaps!

Shouldn’t there be a dress code??? Just like the KSS ??? 😉

Michelle Young
    Keymaster

Murali
    Shouldn’t there be a dress code??? Just like the KSS ??? 😉

Not if it means I have to show the scars from my operations.

Actually, I’m knitting the sweater I wear that day. It had better not be too warm for the occasion. You’ll know: It’s royal blue. (That is, if I allow my pic to be taken. )

Correction: Actually, I’m knitting the sweater I plan to wear that day.

Michelle Young
    Keymaster

Nikhil LondheMar 11, 2010
    Is it time for me to do my “OMG OMG OMG!” dance?

Michelle Young
    Keymaster

Nikhil
    It sure is, Niki!

Irene - Orkut shot Mar 11, 2010
    Someone please video tape Nikhil’s “OMG OMG OMG” dance 🙂

Nikhil LondheMar 11, 2010
    Hah! Its not available for online viewing. To be experienced in real life only!

Nikhil
    Hah! Its not available for online viewing. To be experienced in real life only!

Ohhhhh I can’t wait!!!!

Michelle Young
    Keymaster

Frank MooreMar 11, 2010
    Sounds like fun, Michelle. Wish I could make it up there, but I have a vacation time deficit at the moment and can’t take any more until my accrual is on the plus side again. You’ll just have to have fun for me.

Priya - Orkut shot Priya DeshpandeMar 12, 2010
    Wow…

and

Oh no!!!!

BTW great Idea..

Kiran MurthyApr 3, 2010
    is this plan still on? I have to book my tickets!

Michelle - Orkut shot Michelle YoungApr 3, 2010
    Kiran
    Yes, it is. Niki is looking forward to connecting with you so the two of you can drive here together, in fact…and I’ve heard from Sachid, and he’s in the States and is hoping to drive in from NYC. Subodh is coming from Philadelphia.

Irene - Orkut shot Irene D’SilvaApr 11, 2010
    Ohhh I am sure you all are getting ready to meet and partyyyy

Murali Murali SankarApr 11, 2010
    Can’t you join in, Irene?

Irene - Orkut shot Irene D’SilvaApr 12, 2010
    Murali
    I will be out of town that weekend. Can’t skip…

Murali Murali SankarApr 12, 2010
    🙁
    same with me also.

But unlike you, i’ll be out of the whole continent!! 🙁

Michelle - Orkut shot Michelle YoungApr 13, 2010
    Irene and Murali…
    You won’t believe this but you guys aren’t going to miss a thing. The whole party just fell through! Niki is going to try to get here during the first week of May. He may have to work all weekend after he returns to Boston, but that’s only half of the story: Kiran has broken his ankle!!!!

See, Murali? You can save for the first week of May as can Irene! 😀

Seriously, we’re in a holding pattern till we hear more.

Michelle Young
    Keymaster

Murali SankarApr 13, 2010
    Noooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! 🙁

Michelle - Orkut shot Michelle YoungApr 13, 2010
    Murali
    My sentiments exactly, but at least there’s a little ray of sunshine here for me: I’ve been hoping to finish a sweater I’ve been knitting before we got together, and this gives me a little more time to see if I can. And who knows? Maybe this might even give Sumit a bit more time to see if he can come too………maybe…

(And maybe this might even give Irene and Jenny an opportunity to see if the detoured plans help their schedules any…we’ll see……..and yes, maybe I’m being a bit too positive, but better to be optimistic than not in this case.

Irene - Orkut shot Irene D’SilvaApr 15, 2010
    I am travelling every week till mid-May. I was waiting to hear from my boss before I say anything here and today she asked me to book all my flights Out of luck again I guess

Derek & Shelley WarrenApr 18, 2010
    @%#&%@#^& Mercury Let’s just hope that there’s no more volcano activity anywhere else.

Michelle Young
    Keymaster

Michelle - Orkut shot Michelle YoungMay 7, 2010
    Okay, in answer to all the questions–private, public, unspoken, spoken…

While the party itself fizzled (thanks a lot, Mercury! ), Nikhil and I will be getting together on Wednesday–after Mercury goes direct! We’ll be meeting each other’s families–and he taught me today how to pronounce everyone’s names so I won’t make a complete fool of myself!

My oldest son is going to be cooking on the grill, but I think we’ll wait to tell you what we’re having after we’re done with the day. I’ll make a few things… And when we’re done eating, it’s off to a local park to enjoy the day under our bachelor tee shirt grey skies (unless the sun decides to keep shining for a change!).

I think it’ll be quite a day as a prelude to President Obama’s visit to Buffalo, New York next Thursday… I adore Obama, but can he follow this act?

Murali Murali SankarMay 9, 2010
    4 days to go ??

Michelle - Orkut shot Michelle YoungMay 10, 2010
    Murali
    This Wednesday is the day!

Murali Murali SankarMay 13, 2010

Today?…

Michelle Young
    Keymaster

Michelle - Orkut shot Michelle YoungMay 13, 2010
    Murali
    Sadly, it fell through again and looks likely that we have to now wait for his return to the States.

Mercury retrograde called the shots still.

Murali Murali SankarMay 14, 2010
    Well,
    Everything has its own ‘right time’ to happen.

Michelle - Orkut shot Michelle YoungMay 14, 2010
    Murali
    That’s true–but it still was a huge disappointment for both Nikhil and me.

Frank MooreMay 19, 2010
    Sorry to hear that the Scorpio Convention didn’t pan out, Michelle. Sounded like it would have been a lot of fun. Even if only a few people were involved.

To paraphrase Rabbie Burns, the Bard of Scotland…

The best laid plans of Mice and Men, and Scorpios… Oftimes go awry.

Michelle - Orkut shot Michelle YoungMay 19, 2010
    Frank
    Thanks, Frank. I had a feeling when we tried to plan it around the Mercury retrograde (canceled and changed appointments) that it might not work. Hopefully it will at some point. I look forward to it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.