Music, Music, Music! ORIGINAL, started May 16, 2012

About Me Forums Scorpio! Music, Music, Music! ORIGINAL, started May 16, 2012

This topic contains 62 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Michelle Young 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 63 total)
  • Author

Michelle Young
    Keymaster

Music, Music Music ORIGINAL, Part 2

Michelle - Orkut shot Michelle YoungMay 16, 2012
    Music, Music, Music!

A long time ago, Sagar gave me a brilliant suggestion and, sadly, it slipped my mind till now. He suggested that people could associate “songs and their meanings with what they think have astrological meanings.” What better time than a month in which we have so much astrological action going on? We had the SuperMoon Full Moon on the 6th, Sun-Jupiter conjunction on the 13th, Venus stationary retrograde (SRx) and TransPluto stationary direct (I’ve really never seen this in abbreviated form) yesterday, and on the 20th in the Western Hemisphere, the 21st in the Eastern Hemisphere, is the Solar Eclipse at 00 Gemini 21. And then we have the Lunar Eclipse coming up on the 4th of June.Thanks for the idea, Sagar! My apologies for not creating this before now.

The first one I’m posting is just because it’s appropriate to the thread and hopefully puts some of you in the mood to try this. 

Michelle Young
    Keymaster

:wacko: Michelle - Orkut shot Michelle YoungMay 16, 2012

lol Maybe I should post some of the astrological ones too… Funny, I hear more Uranus and Neptune in the following but certainly Jupiter is clearly woven in too. I hope I’m not the only one posting here! 

Sagar does this better than I do:  :wacko:   lol

Michelle Young
    Keymaster

Wow! Stevie Wonder does Saturn? (No, this was not a take off on where I shouldn’t go here! lol)

Michelle Young
    Keymaster

No words for this one, but it’s so … well, just listen, you’ll see. I think you’ll agree it’s good for Uranus:

Michelle Young
    Keymaster

Ohhhh I really hope this one posts as a video!!! It’s absolutely perfect for Neptune! (If it doesn’t, I’ll have to find a backup but this video is incredible with it so I hate to change it. (Warning, it’s long! 00:24:38)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1447901706634101739

Michelle Young
    Keymaster

Bummer! I’m not deleting! I’ll see if I can find a shorter YouTube version of it. Please do take time to see this one I just posted though. It’s fabulous!

Michelle Young
    Keymaster

Here’s the backup video. Almost the same length, but definitely not the same effects you’ll see in the top. (Sorry, that’s my gut reaction.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KMpZaEF6g0

Michelle Young
    Keymaster

Looks like the Neptune video is dead in both formats. I’ll try to find another. Sorry. Both obviously vanished through the years. Pity. They were truly wonderful!

Michelle Young
    Keymaster

And surely this one (17 minutes long) is Pluto!

Michelle Young
    Keymaster

Btw, the one I want you to see that doesn’t show the video has clips from the movie “2001”…but the whole effect of the video is just…sooo Neptune! lol

Michelle Young
    Keymaster

I meant to add these yesterday and didn’t… Since I started out with Venus and Mars in that first one, I still need to cover (backwards to the front of the list) Mercury, Moon and Sun…

In memory of Donna Summer who died today of cancer, what more perfect song than this? It is truly Mercury…

Michelle Young
    Keymaster

Michelle - Orkut shot Michelle YoungMay 17, 2012
    And the Moon………………..

Michelle Young
    Keymaster

Michelle - Orkut shot Michelle YoungMay 17, 2012
    And the Sun wraps this section up… 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6tV11acSRk

Michelle Young
    Keymaster

Michelle - Orkut shot Michelle YoungMay 23, 2012
    Romantic that I am, when I heard about this story, it reminded me of Eric Clapton and one song in particular of his:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Layla_and_Majnun

The lyrics to Clapton’s version of “Layla” are worth the comparison to the story, so I’ll offer them here as well as the song itself. This one is startling though. It’s not the original version you may or may not have heard. This one was performed in New York City in 2011 with a distinct New Orleans jazz sound enhancing the 12-minute performance. Whether or not you have ever heard this one, take time to listen to the most recent version. It’s incredible!

What’ll you do when you get lonely
    And nobody’s waiting by your side?
    You’ve been running and hiding much too long.
    You know it’s just your foolish pride.

[Chorus:]

Layla, you’ve got me on my knees.
    Layla, I’m begging, darling please.
    Layla, darling won’t you ease my worried mind.

I tried to give you consolation
    When your old man had let you down.
    Like a fool, I fell in love with you,
    Turned my whole world upside down.

[Chorus]

Let’s make the best of the situation
    Before I finally go insane.
    Please don’t say we’ll never find a way
    And tell me all my love’s in vain.

[Chorus 2x]

Michelle Young
    Keymaster

Michelle - Orkut shot Michelle YoungMay 23, 2012
    Sagar, you’ve put a major challenge for many of us in adding the requirement for astrological connections. lol Things that come to mind… 

Sure we can point a finger at Venus and look at the sanctity of love, but I think it goes deeper than that. We can even do the same with Pluto and look at the possibility of obsession, but there is no mention of obsession here as there is in other songs. No, I’d give this to a hard aspect of Neptune and Saturn, the peeling of life’s onion. Put Neptune in the 12th house even, and you may even have a potential for one’s being carried away with fantasy versus the pining for the lost love. I have a song in mind for obsession, but I would really, really like to see others posting here too. This thread has been up a week, and I’m still the only one in the thread at this post, which will show as #13, I think. 

Please join in!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 63 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.