moon conjuncts other planets (Dec 27, 2010)

About Me Forums Astrology moon conjuncts other planets (Dec 27, 2010)

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Michelle Young 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Michelle Young
    Keymaster

Sheetesh Aswal – Dec 27, 2010
    moon conjuncts other planets
    Hi Michelle,
    I have a question regarding moon in conjunction to another planet.
    Would a person with his/her moon conjunct to another planet (say Saturn) display traits similar to moon in Capricorn.
    I have a friend who has a moon conjunct Saturn in Libra in the 7th house, and she generally gravitates towards saturnine people (mostly Capricorn suns), which is odd because then then she ends up having a sun-square moon in the Synastry.
    What do you think is a good way to integrate this inherent paradox in her emotional life.

Also I wanted to understand, in general, would a ‘moon-conj-planet’ person feel emotionally nurtured the same way with someone whose sun is in the moon’s sign as with someone whose sun is in ‘planet’ ruled sign (In this case, sun in Libra vs sun in Capricorn)

Michelle Astrology dpMichelle Young – Dec 28, 2010Hi Sheetesh,

I have a feeling this is going to be one of my more-than-one-frame posts, so I’m going to create it in notepad before I post here. Since I just replied to someone else, I thought I’d let you know I’m developing a reply and–unless the lovely snow currently swirling outside my window, a sight that always mesmerizes me, puts me to sleep–I expect I’ll be posting to you today. 😉

Michelle Astrology dpMichelle Young – Dec 28, 2010
    I have a question regarding moon in conjunction to another planet.
    Would a person with his/her moon conjunct to another planet (say Saturn) display traits similar to moon in Capricorn.
    I have a friend who has a moon conjunct Saturn in Libra in the 7th house, and she generally gravitates towards saturnine people (mostly Capricorn suns), which is odd because then then she ends up having a sun-square moon in the Synastry.
    What do you think is a good way to integrate this inherent paradox in her emotional life.

Also I wanted to understand, in general, would a ‘moon-conj-planet’ person feel emotionally nurtured the same way with someone whose sun is in the moon’s sign as with someone whose sun is in ‘planet’ ruled sign (In this case, sun in Libra vs sun in Capricorn)

I’m not sure I would call a Moon-Saturn conjunction in Libra a paradox, especially with the placement in the 7th house, Sheetesh. Saturn is exalted in Libra although it’s not quite as nice an exaltation as Mars’ exaltation in Capricorn is, but it will do. I recently discussed this with Bruno in another thread, in fact. When we think of Saturn in Capricorn, especially in the tenth house, we have no trouble understanding the dynamics of the placement because Saturn is quite comfortable there. This is the home of business and career matters, so Saturn focuses on duties, responsibilities. As we relate Saturn then to Libra, there is a bit of a shift away from business duties and responsibilities to relationship duties and responsibilities. We might be more inclined to see a man having difficulty with the dynamic because the family would like him to show more love, more tenderness, more interactive participation as the lover/husband/father.

She might feel quite comfortable with this combination in her chart, viewing her responsibilities and duties in the family as a natural sequence of things.

You mentioned that she ends up with a Sun-Moon square in the synastry with Capricorn Suns then (although that really depends on where the Sun is in comparison to where Saturn and her Moon are). Sun square Moon isn’t necessarily bad though. It can create a nice energy, although she could be so focused on those duties and responsibilities she thinks are necessary that she forgets to inject the warmth into the relationship. That really will depend on her entire chart and how it interacts with the chart of the person to whom she’s relating.

Where is her Mars (since that’s the chart ruler)? How about her Venus and Sun? You still need to consider the entire chart if you’re going to be fair to understanding what’s going on with her. Consider the entire chart. Is she all about responsibility and duties? Does she have a warm sensitive side you’ve seen? Or is she very much a take charge person? You can’t consider the integration of the conjunction into her life without considering the chart as a whole. That is true integration of the chart, as it should be. Take just one component, and there’s much you could miss.

Your second question seems a bit confusing to grasp what you’re asking because it seems like the second half refers to synastry and the first half is based on a natal configuration. The Moon conjunct any planet will absorb some of the tone of that planet, just as I explained above in re to Saturn. Someone with Moon conjunct Pluto, for example, will be likely to seem quite emotionally intense and have some of the Scorpio overtones as a result even if the conjunction isn’t in Scorpio. One with the Moon conjunct Uranus may tend to have quite spontaneous emotions. There can be a comfort zone kind of feeling when someone’s Sun or Ascendant is in the same sign as the other person’s Moon.

But the concept of having a symbiotic relationship with another person based on the planetary rulership will depend on the entire picture of synastry with the two charts. You can have an incredible connection, for instance, with someone based on communication, emotional harmony and so on, but if one of the two people isn’t ready for that next level, it might be easier to hold your breath and have rigor mortis set in faster. 😀 If you’re talking about the emotional nurturing of two friends with such bonds, sure. But you have to consider the charts as individual charts, then the synastry of the two charts and then the composite chart and the synastry of each chart to that composite to see what’s really going on with those connections. Emotional nurturing? Of course. But what kind? 🙂

Did I confuse you or enlighten more?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.