Mars-Saturn (Jul 17, 2008)

About Me Forums Scorpio! Mars-Saturn (Jul 17, 2008)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Michelle Young 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Michelle Young
    Keymaster

Michelle - Orkut shot Michelle YoungJul 17, 2008
    Mars-Saturn

Hi all,

I thought about clarifying this thread as a Mars-Saturn conjunction thread, but then I’d just have to create threads for the squares, the oppositions, and maybe the quincunx too for that matter. Well, in all this hassle of packing what I haven’t pitched out for the upcoming move that starts sometime next week (mg, I just love [NOT!] chaos, don’t you?? ), I forgot to post about the Mars-Saturn conjunction that took place last Friday.

I know. I don’t usually mention these things as it is, but seeing as some people have been struggling with various and sundry “stuff” going on in their lives, and everything’s being blamed on Uranus, I figured mentioning this particular aspect couldn’t hurt.

In a natal chart, in the right placements and configurations with other planets in someone’s chart, Mars-Saturn conjunctions can be the mark of a surgeon. Surgery is often mentioned during this time because Mars is cold and cutting and sharp, and Saturn is restriction and precision. Now if you put these two things together, you have a powerful team that can make a great surgeon, as you can imagine, I’m sure.

But Mars and Saturn can also indicate someone who has the ability to cut people and things out of their lives without thinking twice about it. Cutting corners, making wise economic moves, anything that requires a concentrated effort at tightening the belt or precise, controlled cutting in some way tends to point the finger at this particular team. It can also be a form of domestic violence via cruel and inhumane treatment and mental cruelty. But some facets of this aspect can show up in the other hard aspects I mentioned above. We can discuss those if you want, or in time, when this becomes one of the other aspects.

This time, the transit took place in Mercury-ruled Virgo, and Mercury had just moved into Cancer. Well lo and behold, Cancer is ruled by the Moon, and last Friday, the Moon was in dear old Scorpio!

With Scorpio in the picture on the side of the emotions, we might be looking at a situation of fire and ice because the emotions can be heated while the words remain downright icy. And last week, Uranus was still in the “let’s throw a kink in the works” stage.

Funny that I’d be writing about this today. The first supermodel in the world, or rather the woman who was said to have been the first supermodel, died on Monday when the Mars-Saturn duo was still well within orb. What’s that got to do with this transit? Well, the supermodel Dorian Leigh, who had appeared on 7 covers of Vogue magazine in the 40s, became known as the Madison Avenue legend of the 50s for her beauty brought out in the lense of Richard Avedon’s camera as she posed for the Revlon “Fire and Ice” ads. (Btw, for those of you who follow fashion and modeling, Ms. Leigh’s younger sister was another supermodel, Suzy Parker.)

If I were to toss out the first words that come to mind with this celestial pair, it would be precise cutting and fire and ice.

Btw, I was operated on three years ago with the most serious of the surgeries…when Mars and Saturn were opposing each other from the 8th house, considered a house of life and death, to the 2nd house, affecting the way I would see myself, my image. It was quite a precise description.

Does any of this ring true for you with your events of the last week for you? It might be interesting to do some comparisons.

Michelle Young
    Keymaster

Binit Thapa Binit-Thapa Jul 22, 2008
    Lol I am the first one to comment
    Hm… thanks for bringing out the interesting topic Michelle!

I have this particular conjunction in 12th house (Libra).
    What you described above is so true of me.
    No friends (lack of interest), love things that require precision (games of that sort – chess for instance, mathematics and other topics).

I always read in literature all the bad things about Mars-Saturn conjunction (Chieros noob books and shani-mangal yuti in eastern astrology); but never knew I had derived my best qualities from it.

Thanks for making me aware of it. Since I hate biology (requires rote learning), I never thought of being a surgeon though. Now I am an computer engineer.

Michelle Young
    Keymaster

Binit Thapa Binit ThapaJul 22, 2008

About last week
    Didnt go to office for no reason at all.
    Put my mobile off and rested…
    Got some calls from mom in the meantime and yesterday got scoldings 🙁
    Some friends might also have called don’t know.
    But I know I will be normal from tomorrow…(my belief).

Michelle Young
    Keymaster

Murali Murali SankarJul 23, 2008

What about Indian Prime Minister’s Confidence Motion that is put to vote today?

Michelle Young
    Keymaster

||James|| Cancer cures SmokingJul 23, 2008

Michelle, I went through my chart as you suggested and though I dont have a Mars-Saturn conjunction, I do have a Mars-Saturn square.
    I dont know how to relate it to this Mars-Saturn conjunction. So if you’d explain, I’d be really grateful.

Michelle Young
    Keymaster

Michelle - Orkut shot Michelle YoungJul 24, 2008
    Binit
    Would you believe I was just thinking about you the last few days and wondering how you were? I wanted to ask you how you feel about the turn of events in Nepal and the election of your president.

I have this particular conjunction in 12th house (Libra).
    What you described above is so true of me.
    No friends (lack of interest), love things that require precision (games of that sort – chess for instance, mathematics and other topics).

In Libra, Binit, Saturn has an especially interesting bent since Saturn is so business-oriented, so to speak. One gets one’s work done and usually will prefer to focus on what s/he alone has to do. It’s about responsibility in the work world. Well, in Libra, Saturn’s energy takes that responsibility pattern and applies it to the partnership that will include marriage. What one achieves in that partnership as a part of the responsibility is the essence of this placement in Libra.

I always read in literature all the bad things about Mars-Saturn conjunction (Chieros noob books and shani-mangal yuti in eastern astrology); but never knew I had derived my best qualities from it.

See, this is why I have such an aversion to the cookbooks of astrology! They give you bits and pieces. And just as you shouldn’t/can’t take the little bit I’ve just said about Saturn in Libra and declare this is all I think about Saturn in Libra because it can’t be segregated like that, neither can you with any of the aspects of the chart! It’s also why I get so upset when I hear people asking for “remedies” or how to “overcome” this or that particular trait. What might be “bad” in one sense can be the very thing that propels you to your personal greatness in another sense, as you obviously see now. Thanks for making me aware of it. Since I hate biology (requires rote learning), I never thought of being a surgeon though. Now I am an computer engineer.

But you’re still needing to be precise in what you do, Binit. Right?

Michelle Young
    Keymaster

Neo
    What about Indian Prime Minister’s Confidence Motion that is put to vote today?

Forgive me, Neo, but you’ll have to explain more. I’m lucky to keep abreast of all US news. Just as other countries will try to keep you aware by giving you local, state and national news, it’s the same here too. So if you can tell me more about what this whole vote entailed, perhaps we can discuss it and I’ll then be able to see whether there was a tie-in.

Michelle Young
    Keymaster

James
    Michelle, I went through my chart as you suggested and though I dont have a Mars-Saturn conjunction, I do have a Mars-Saturn square.
    I dont know how to relate it to this Mars-Saturn conjunction. So if you’d explain, I’d be really grateful.

Okay, James, without my seeing your Lunar or Solar returns, I can only speak from a broader level here. When we have a particular aspect in our natal chart, we often become aware of the pains and pleasures of that aspect when a transiting aspect comes into play. If the Moon is in the right position to trigger that aspect, you will most definitely feel those energies rising. One of my sons has a Mars-Saturn opposition in square to Pluto. When he was small, he had difficulties at school that were so precisely timed by when that t-square was triggered, I was actually able to forewarn his teachers when they might have a difficult day with him.

Is your Mars-Saturn square in any kind of alignment with the transiting Mars-Saturn conjunction that was going on? Just a thought…

Michelle Young
    Keymaster

Binit Thapa Binit ThapaJul 24, 2008
    Hm..
    Many thanks for your wonderful reply Michelle.

Truly speaking, these days I am so much immersed in office work that I hardly have time for anything else. (Like an addiction). I used to worry about my country a lot but now I am convinced that things will be same. No longer do I trust anybody, not any political parties or maoists. New president has been recently elected, everybody is crying folly of foreign hands upon that (which they always tell). This means they are going to oppose whatever government does and I am sure this wont help Nepal. In Nepal, old people have a saying that this country was once cursed by a sati (translated a widow sacrificing her body in remorse to her husband’s death in funeral pyre upon her own will). Now it really seems this is true. So to say, if I was an influential figure in Nepalese politics I would give full support to the Govt. (and elected president).

Apart from that I am always browsing through this community. I have one complaint for you though. I am finding that you are being less active in Astrology community, due to which I no longer find good posts in that community. May be lack of time. Hm, but its good that you have made this community entertaining (with lots of learning of course).

And yes, I like to be precise in things I love. Its always something or the other (now its my job). But generally I am very bad at other things. Sometimes I think I ignore common things too much. Also I would like to tell you one more thing. I know the qualities of Mars now, and I really feel I don’t have any of them in me (strange because Mars is the lord of my Ascendent). People find me very calm for instance. Possibly, the powerful exalted saturn has dominated Mars too much in my case.

Btw, if you have anything good to say about Nepal I’d be glad. Could this be a new beginning?

Michelle Young
    Keymaster

Binit
    I’m not feeling very well tonight and need to go to bed, but I wanted to touch base at least a little. If you’re talking about Mars being the ruler of your Scorpio Ascendant, perhaps you need to be looking at Pluto since that’s the primary ruler of Scorpio. Mars is the secondary ruler of Scorpio, and I’ve found that quite accurate. Mars tends to be quite independent, and remember that this will be the case where it’s in Libra in opposition to the sign it rules. Mars works independently, but it might be considered quite selfish therefore in Libra. I’ve never found you to be a highly aggressive individual, and apparently you were thinking that was the connection to your Ascendant. I could be wrong about what I interpreted here. As I said, I’m not up to par tonight.

As for the Astrology community, Binit, I tend to wax and wane like the Moon. lol Sometimes one community needs me more than the other, so I flex. You’ll see.

I’ll consider what you wrote in greater depth tomorrow and perhaps add more. I do want to discuss Nepal a bit more. Oh, in the meantime, since this is your first president in office, do you suppose you might be able to get me the date, time and place of his stepping into office to stand at the helm of the nation? It gives me an opportunity at last to see what’s going on there.

Michelle Young
    Keymaster

Binit Thapa Binit ThapaJul 24, 2008
    Thank you for taking up my plight
    Here is the information that I have collected.

President’s Name : Dr. Ram Baran Yadav
    Date of Ascension: 23-July-2008
    Time : 3 pm (local time) = 15 – 5:45 GMT = 09:15 GMT
    Location : Shital Niwas, Kathmandu, President’s Office (27°45’N, 85°20’E)

His Personal Data published is unreliable (he himself admits that).

Date of Election : April 10

Hope I haven’t missed out anything.

Michelle Young
    Keymaster

Sumit GroverJul 26, 2008
    The Culprit
    Read the intro and looks like this might just be the culprit …. Hmmm heated emotions.. too much energy. I dont usually go out and socialize, but that’s something I am starting to get a hang of and it really eases off some of my intense thoughts.

I loved being a lonely rider…. something must have changed along the way!!

Michelle Young
    Keymaster

||James|| Cancer cures SmokingJul 26, 2008
    Michelle, you have my most earnest thanks for putting in so much effort over that request of mine.
    It felt good to make some sense of the mayhem that was last week.
    Now, things are settling down. Everything’s not hunky-dory yet, but I’m in the process of tying up the loose ends.
    Thanks again!!

Michelle Young
    Keymaster

Michelle - Orkut shot Michelle YoungJul 27, 2008
    Binit
    Thanks for the data. I have the chart now and am trying to find the strength to develop an analysis based on that chart. I haven’t been feeling well this week, as you know, and it seems to be getting worse instead of better. So it looks like I’ll be returning to the doctor this week in the midst of our moving (people in South Asia apparently call this “shifting”). Hopefully, I won’t land in the hospital again. Moving weakens our immune system, so hopefully that’s all.

Anyway, I think you’ll find the analysis interesting.

Michelle Young
    Keymaster

Binit Thapa Binit ThapaJul 27, 2008
    Michelle
    Please take care of your health.
    Work can be done later. I can wait.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.