Let’s discuss: Exaltation (Mar 9, 2009)

About Me Forums Astrology Let’s discuss: Exaltation (Mar 9, 2009)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Michelle Young 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Michelle Young
    Keymaster

Michelle Astrology dp Michelle YoungMar 9, 2009
    Let’s discuss: Exaltation
    Same thing applies here as I’m urging in the Rulership thread. What makes Exaltation important? Can it be more important than rulership? How does this fit into your perspectives? Can you define Exaltation? (No cookbook answers, please! The idea is to think, not to mimic. )

Orkut user Zau FishanMay 10, 2009
    I’m a novice but I’ll try to answer .Because there are so many experts in this community and I feel this community needs some in-experienced fellows like me to entertain you guys :-P.

In Chemistry two ‘Reactants’ combine to give a significant ‘Product’ which is a harmonious combination of both Reactants and both Reactants can not function that significantly alone until they are combined together they work efficiently together . So maybe in Astrology that ‘Efficiency’ is called Exaltation.

Michelle Young
    Keymaster

Michelle Astrology dp Michelle YoungMay 19, 2009
    I promise I’m not picking on you, Zao Fishan. I’m delighted you tried. πŸ™‚

Let’s consider Saturn. I think most people know Saturn rules Capricorn. Consider why. What is the purpose of Saturn in Capricorn?

Now let’s head for Saturn, where it’s exalted in Libra. How will it work in Libra?

I’m not just looking for you to answer. I’m hoping others will too.

Michelle Young
    Keymaster

Annemari Linno Annemari LinnoMay 20, 2009
    Regarding saturn exaltation in Libra I think its roll is to be stabilizer. Libra is the sign of partnership, it means it touches more than one person and to get something out of partnership, it needs desperately some stabilizing component πŸ™‚ and hmm… I read that saturn is the teacher and we learn through every relationship…so it has also the role of teaching there πŸ™‚
    If I try I can think maybe some more roles for Saturn. But regarding exaltation I think that planet is exalted in the sign where it can express its traits to help fulfill the purpose of the sign. I mean something like mercury is exalted in aquarius to facilitate communication, otherwise it would be hard to be friend like aquarius demands or venus is exalted in pisces to give love feeling to the romantic nature of pisces sign.

But it is purely my opinion and should not considered as the final truth πŸ™‚

Michelle Young
    Keymaster

Michelle Astrology dp Michelle YoungMay 20, 2009
    Annemari
    …I think that planet is exalted in the sign where it can express its traits to help fulfill the purpose of the sign…

Focus on this sentence, Annemari. Consider Libra, consider Saturn, and then see what you get. You’re on the right track with this sentence. πŸ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.