In Memorium: Dr. Nagendra Reddy (Apr 21, 2010)

About Me Forums Scorpio! In Memorium: Dr. Nagendra Reddy (Apr 21, 2010)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Michelle Young
    Keymaster

Michelle - Orkut shot Michelle YoungApr 21, 2010
    In Memorium: Dr. Nagendra Reddy
    Scorpio! (created 24 Jan 2004) lost a long-time member on Monday 19 April 2010. This thread will serve as a memorial to Dr. Nagendra Reddy, who died tragically at his hostel at the Post graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research in Chandigarh, India. 

To those who didn’t know much about him, Nagendra was a treasure not only as a moderator in this community, but far more than that: He was the founder of Orkut Hospital, which will be officially 4 years old on 27 May. In just months after its founding, Orkut Hospital gained so much popularity among the Indian population of Orkut (as well as among other Orkut members from around the world, from the USA and Brazil to Australia, Russia, Japan and more), the Indian newspapers had begun to write about the young sensation (both Nagendra and Orkut Hospital). He was so proud (rightly so) of his brainchild!

As Nagendra and I developed our friendship, I became more and more impressed with his extraordinary intelligence, his drive, his passion for helping others, and his determination to educate people on medical truths versus superstition and people in the field of medicine. All this in one who, in 2006, was just 21 years of age would have been enough to impress anyone. But he did this despite his having some deafness in both ears. 

He admitted to being ambitious, but he might have been embarrassed if anyone told him he had become a role model. He was just so humble and quiet in his focus on achievement. It wasn’t as much about fame as it was to accomplish his dreams. He had a passion for life nearly as much as he did for medicine, so my heart breaks a second time as I post this now. His life was short lived, yet he had an instinct for telling when people were trying to put one over on others versus when there was a real crisis at hand.

Nothing is left of him in Orkut save for the Orkut Hospital community, and that will always possess something of Nagendra’s heartbeat. I have his data because he had won a little contest here in Scorpio about three years ago. But he also put his data in Help, please. I’ll be doing a brief analysis of his chart soon in addition to reposting his brief reading with me so he’s not lost in the mix. 
    On Orkut Heroes, you can find his interview:
    http://orkutheroes.com/orkuthospital/
    I left a note there too:
    “At 25, Dr. Nagendra Reddy was so young, courageous and determined, a giant as the founder of Orkut Hospital when he was only 21. I for one will dearly miss him.
    “Rest in peace, Nagendra, dear friend.”
    It feels better to say farewells like these than to post in soon buried newspaper articles that may otherwise be forgotten.
    Nagendra, while we can no longer see your postings or hear your voice with your photo of orange daisies or other pictures that spoke to you, your memory will live on here in Scorpio! too.

Michelle Young
    Keymaster

Irene - Orkut shot Irene D’SilvaApr 21, 2010

I don’t know what to say. I was shocked to hear the news when Michelle told me what happened when she saw me online this evening. Even though I didn’t know him personally I used to read his comments he made in this community. He was indeed very nice, knowledgeable, helpful, down to earth person. I still cannot believe he’s not with us here anymore, but he will be watching over us and the community far away from here, I am sure. 

Such a young man, I hope God gives strength to his family, friends, and all of us to cope with this.

Rest in Peace Dr.Nagendra Reddy… Will always remember the smile on your face.

Michelle Young
    Keymaster

Chaitanya Raghav Marthi – Apr 21, 2010
    May His Soul Rest In Peace !

Michelle Young
    Keymaster

Pritpal-प्रितपाल Singh-सिंह – Apr 21, 2010
    God bless his soul rest in peace and strength to his family and friends to bear the loss!

Michelle Young
    Keymaster

Derek & Shelley Warren – Apr 21, 2010
    Rest in peace, my friend. 🙁

Michelle Young
    Keymaster

I see this as a loss not only to his family and friends but also to whole humanity, specially the people of India who lost a great asset. He has strengthened my belief that people who have some lacking in one of their ability such as poor vision, hearing, other disabilities are gifted by God in other abilities excellently compared to us the normal people

It is a great loss indeed!!

Michelle Young
    Keymaster

Nitin Nitin MehtaApr 21, 2010
    This a great loss indeed.

May his soul rest in peace and of those who harassed him, in hell. May God give strength to the family of the young achiever to bear the tragedy.

Michelle Young
    Keymaster

Sagar Roger Sagars
    Apr 21, 2010

To those who are responsible for it: try living his vision as expiation for your sins.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_hp2ubJaNo [August 31, 2015: This video is no longer accessible. I’ve found the song in a different YouTube and hope this will be a suitable replacement.]

Just tell me why…
    Why it has to be like this
    That the good ones disappear…

Michelle Young
    Keymaster

Jenny Ross – Apr 21, 2010
    I’m sorry to hear that. So sad. 🙁

Michelle Young
    Keymaster

Chaitanya Raghav Marthi – Apr 21, 2010
    How was he killed ?

Michelle Young
    Keymaster

Chaitanya
    There are two explanations currently given in your newspapers, or perhaps one might say even three. I don’t think it’s appropriate at this time to speculate without allowing the investigations to be completed. But knowing Nagendra as I did and what he said to me in his last note less than 2.5 hours before his body was found, well…till we hear, let’s focus on the wonderful things he did in his life, the amazing young role model he was, and the legacy he left with Orkut Hospital. Everywhere I look, I see the questions people are asking. He would have been mortified to have all that kind of attention through speculation. 

I’m not trying to leave anyone in suspense, rather I’m hoping to maintain his and his family’s dignity in the midst of all of this.

Michelle Young
    Keymaster

I agree with you dear Michelle………

Michelle Young
    Keymaster

Virdah Khan – Apr 22, 2010
    This is so, so very tragic. such a terrible loss. How and why we lose the better ones so quickly? All my prayers with his family and may his soul rest in peace. Ameen

Not a very reliable thing: life :-((

Michelle Young
    Keymaster

☆♡☆ Prady ☆♡☆ (“,) – May 23, 2010
    May his soul RIP.

Michelle Young
    Keymaster

Kanchana D Kanchan DMay 29, 2010
    @ Netizen

Dont feel sorry for him. We should celebrate for the wonderful person he was.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.