Got questions??

About Me Forums Scorpio! Got questions??

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Michelle Young 1 week, 5 days ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Expecto Patronum
    Participant

Got questions? Ask here. It could be anything from astrology, to free will, to potato. πŸ˜‰ Scorpio in Orkut had a similar thread, where Michelle patiently answered an ocean of questions about Astrology and such. The Orkut posts should soon get added to this thread. In the meantime, ask your queries here.

Michelle Young
    Keymaster

Thank you, Expecto! I feel like I need a few more arms–or an octopus. (I know, I keep complaining about needing to find and train an octopus, don’t I? πŸ™‚ Consider this an apology for that. lol)

Thank you for the interim thread… Now, I wonder where the questions are…hmmmm…. :whistle:

:scratch:

Anyone? :mail:

Expecto Patronum
    Participant

Do supermoon lunar eclipses have any stronger astrological influence than a normal eclipse?

Michelle Young
    Keymaster

That’s an excellent question, Expecto. It’s late here, but I want to touch a bit on this before I go to sleep and then see if I have more to add tomorrow. πŸ™‚

For me, I think every eclipse carries the potential to be a biggie when laid against the natal chart. Through these years you’ve known me, I’ve spoken about the focus of the eclipse–into whichever houses that particular New or Full Moon had fallen. But that’s never the whole picture.

The chart–you’ve seen these–has many components to consider, and every single foundational component needs to be considered in relation to the Solar and Lunar Eclipses. By now, you’ve lived through several eclipses, enough to be able to tell me whether you’ve seen any particular ones have a greater impact on you than others. Consider that now as I tell you the following transiting bodies during the eclipse will make a potential impact on a planet in the natal chart:

Sun
    Moon
    Mercury
    Venus
    Mars
    Jupiter
    Saturn
    Uranus
    Neptune
    Pluto

possibly Chiron (I’m considering it; not ruling it out.)

And what can happen with your chart? If any of these bodies touch a natal planet or angle for you, you will feel it. You can also feel an eclipse if it touches your North or South Node, and it will be important to note the house into which that eclipse falls as well as the Node.

Don’t worry about the soft aspects. The hard ones–conjunctions, squares, oppositions–are especially the biggies.

I think that’s about all for now. While I never mentioned the word “SuperMoon” eclipse, I think that probably answers your question. I tend to think SuperMoons may be more related to meteorological and geological shifts, but I won’t rule these out either. I’ve had some eclipses hit me with the full force of a hurricane, and I’ll never forget those. Some others hit me with the the lightness of a feather.

Any time a transiting body from the eclipse passes over one of the degrees any of the bodies in your natal chaRt that were touched during the eclipse, you’ll feel it. I’ll try to remember to look at the eclipse charts later today to retrace my steps and see if I missed anything I’d intended to mention. I have some projects I have to get done without delay so I’ll be missing a bit. But I’ll be back later as soon as I’m done.

Did this help at all? I hope so.

Expecto Patronum
    Participant

Thanks!

Expecto Patronum
    Participant

It seems I’m the only one with all the questions. πŸ™‚

What effects would it have if a solar eclipse like the one on Aug 21, 2017 falls on your birthday. Does it prolong the good/bad effects for the whole birthday year?

Michelle Young
    Keymaster

My sincere apologies for the delay, Expecto! I’m finally in the midst of developing the new Solar Returns for India and Pakistan. In the meantime, the energies of an eclipse generally aer in play as each body during the transiting eclipse will relate to your natal chart. For example, beyond the Sun and the Moon, if Venus is conjunct the Sun, you might notice very nice events taking place every time the Moon or any other transit for the next several months (even more if this is clearly associated with your Solar Return, which depends on the times involved for the Return and the eclipse) makes a contact to the transiting degree Venus took at the time of the eclipse. (I know: read it twice! lol) That’s true, regardless of whether we’re speaking about a Solar Eclipse or a Lunar Eclipse.

As I write this, for example, today (in about 2.5 hours) the Lunar Eclipse will be taking place. While I’m not in the midst of a new return in my chart, there are several aspects being triggered by the Lunar Eclipse as it relates to my natal chart. I have no doubt I’ll feel this in a number of ways. I believe it will be pretty good, actually, since there are some soft aspects also in play.

Does that help? πŸ™‚ Again, my apologies for the delay. And yes, we could use more questions here but hopefully after I have these two returns uploaded. Each will be a biggie this time, which you’ll understand after seeing what I’m doing with this one for each nation.

Expecto Patronum
    Participant

Merci beaucoup, M.

If I understood it right, it doesn’t matter if it falls on your birthday. What matters is what’s the aspects with other planets and then the effects are felt through those aspects being triggered. Correct?

Michelle Young
    Keymaster

Hmmm…yes–and no, Expecto. πŸ™‚ Yes because you need to consider the other transiting planets. And no because you still need to consider what transiting bodies will make contact with your Sun during that entire period. Right there, that means the Moon will still be connecting with this point at least 4 times during the following month alone. It’s a no brainer, of course, if you have a New Moon, a Full Moon or a Sun-Moon square from birth, that you’ve established that bond. In fact, this may be the bond that keeps giving even in the worst case scenarios! πŸ™‚ But then during eclipses where you’re having some amazing connections, it can be sweet music to your ears. If anything, this is why people who are paying attention to the eclipses should go beyond just the degrees on the eclipse point and take note of each and every planetary interaction with the natal chart for at least several months after. (And of course, it doesn’t hurt to see what’s going on with your Solar and Lunar Returns for some guidance too. πŸ™‚ )

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.