A Nighttime Treasure: Mars! May 18 to June 3, 2016

About Me Forums Transits and Trends A Nighttime Treasure: Mars! May 18 to June 3, 2016

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Michelle Young 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Michelle Young
    Keymaster

It’s a bit later than I anticipated, but only a bit. Today is the 20th of May so we still have plenty of time for this treasure.

Mars in Night Sky - May 18 to June 3, 2016

NASA has shared some fascinating stuff now about Mars in the night skies as the Red Planet draws closer to us than it’s been in more than a decade–and additional joys since they also announced an opportunity for us to see Mars in ways many of us probably could only have imagined. While the little green men probably won’t be seen, you might want to check the following out since it promises some treats when this sneak peak becomes a reality this summer!

And while I admit that I should have–could have–announced this a bit earlier, Mercury’s transit of the Sun was pretty common news, but I just caught wind of this Mars excitement tonight and it is really a big deal! The following is very brief, just talking about May’s highlights, but most of the excitement for May is focused on Mars.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.